TSV(R) Preview
18 Members and 15979 Guests Online

TV Talk

ABC: BETRAYAL - likely cancellation; AGENTS OF SHIELD - likely renewal

Started 1382581045.557 in TV Talk | Last reply 1382675549.733 by keri
replies

By Emily Donovan on October 6, 2013

Recent ABC Renewal and Cancellation news:

Scandal, Revenge and Once Upon a Time are all in their third season. For these series, a fourth season could mean a syndication deal, so this increases the chance for a renewal. Scandal’s season premiere did really well and therefore this series is certain to be renewed. While Revenge and Once Upon a Time, who both did average in the ratings for the season premiere will become a Likely Renewal.

Grey’s Anatomy is doing good in the ratings. It’s good enough for a likely renewal. Motive has been renewed for a second season this week. New series Lucky 7 has already been cancelled by ABC and Betrayal likely awaits the same faith. With its well below average series premiere rating Betrayal is likely to be cancelled. Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is doing a lot better though and remains a Likely Renewal.

The Neighbors is having a rough time. The series airs on Fridays and even though this means the ratings are permitted to be a little lower than average, The Neighbors current ratings won’t cut it. Although it’s just the beginning of the season, after three episodes of low ratings The Neighbors will now become a Likely Cancellation.

Last Man Standing is doing better than The Neighbors and the series would be up for syndication if it got a new season. This means Last Man Standing is now likely to be renewed. Modern Family is doing great as usual and becomes a Certain Renewal. The Middle remains a Toss Up as the ratings are average.

Trophy Wife started quite good but dropped a lot this week. It is now likely to be cancelled. Super Fun Night premiered with high ratings as it was paired up with Modern Family. However, the ratings are likely to drop this week. Both Back in the Game and The Goldbergs earned average ratings this week and will remain Toss Ups.(Source: TV Watch U.S.)

For a complete list of ABC series and their status:
http://www.tvwatchus.com/2013/10/06/abc-betrayal-likely-cancelled-agents-shield-likely-renewal/

Page 1 of 1
lkcwks1382626077.05470 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I watch Betrayal and happen to like it. I would hate for it to be cancelled. But that usually happens to me. I guess I like the ones that others don't.

LipstickDi­va1382631388.6239164 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

I am watching Betrayal but I'm not really fond of it. There is no chemistry between the lead actress and her husband or the guy she's having an affair with. It's all just blah.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

smileshann­on1382635950.61851 PostsRegistered 3/20/2007
On 10/24/2013 lkcwks said:

I watch Betrayal and happen to like it. I would hate for it to be cancelled. But that usually happens to me. I guess I like the ones that others don't.

I will be disappointed if this is cancelled as well. I think it has potential and I wish they would give it some more time. What happens to all the episodes that they shot but don't show? Where do they go?

keri1382640670.9031911 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 10/24/2013 smileshannon said:
On 10/24/2013 lkcwks said:

I will be disappointed if this is cancelled as well. I think it has potential and I wish they would give it some more time. What happens to all the episodes that they shot but don't show? Where do they go?

Several options for unaired eps:

1. ABC could make them available online/VOD.

2. ABC/Betrayal's Production Company could be release them for sale on DVD. Also look for them possibly to turn up on Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, etc.

3. ABC could broadcast them during the summer or some other non-important period (e.g. - in the post-holiday winter doldrums or between Sweeps).

4. These unaired eps never will see the light of day.

Last edited on 10/25/2013

Shelbelle1382645143.6835042 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I enjoy Betrayal very much. Since abc took off Bros and Sis, that time slot has been a kiss of death for them.

sassy681382667709.03954 PostsRegistered 5/31/2007Northern CA
Really disappointed in Betrayal. I also agree that there is absolutely no chemistry between the lead actress and the boyfriend. It's just blah!! They had it hyped up to be such a seductive story line but it's quite the opposite. I think they have the wrong actors playing the parts. Won't miss it.

keri1382675549.7331911 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

ITA - ZERO chemistry beetween the leads! Too bad Betrayal didn't live up to the pre-show hype. If ABC intends to cancel it, then it should be replaced by Mistresses. That would be a great thematic fit in the 10 PM Sunday night timeslot following Revenge and it generated substantial ratings during last summer's run. Perhaps Mistresses can succeed where so many other shows (666 Park Avenue, GCB, The Gates and most recently, Betrayal) have failed in that timeslot.

Last edited on 10/25/2013

Page 1 of 1