Weekend Preview
131 Members and 11740 Guests Online

TV Talk

Y&R Big Time SPOILER - Phyllis -- read at your own risk.

Started 1374436377.27 in TV Talk | Last reply 1374606134.1 by Mmsfoxxie

I went to my usual soap opera spoiler sites and found out that Phyllis is going to be in the hospital in a coma (I think). This happens after she over hears Sharon at the cemetary confess to changing the DNA results, then Phyllis confronts Sharon, they go to the gala (Sharon in hot pursuit of Phyllis) and then somehow as Phyllis is in the stairwell and reaches for her phone, gets in a tussle with Sharon and ends up falling down the stairs and becoming unconscious. Then Daniel comes back to GC and there are a bunch of sappy scenes at her hospital bed (of course she didn't have a chance to tell Nick or Jack about what Sharon did).

Anyway, I wonder if they're going to kill Phyllis off? Has anyone heard? Are they recasting or this it for Phyllis?

...and we're off like a prom dress!

Page 1 of 1
Kindaglitzy1374436804.1534379 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Had no idea that would be the way they would write Phyllis out of show. Will Sharon ever get caught for doing this? I guess it leaves the opportunity open for another ghost of person past to return for a visit!

monetfan1374442240.211471 PostsRegistered 10/11/2006

Does anyone else wonder if maybe Sharon is "delusional" about changing the DNA results? I am beginning to think that she only thinks she changed them, but in reality she did not - and that Jack will indeed turn out to be Summer's dad.

Sharon is talking to Cassie's ghost on a fairly regular basis so it is pretty obvious that something is seriously "off" with her mental state! Either she is losing touch with reality because her meds have been tampered with, or she is just going deeper into some sort of mental decline. But, either way, I think it may turn out that she did not actually change the results but truly believes she did.

But, unfortunately for Phyllis who overheard Sharon talking about changing the results, it will lead to this sad coma storyline.

"The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." Martha Washington

Mmsfoxxie1374448506.125483 PostsRegistered 6/19/2010
On 7/21/2013 monetfan said:

Does anyone else wonder if maybe Sharon is "delusional" about changing the DNA results? I am beginning to think that she only thinks she changed them, but in reality she did not - and that Jack will indeed turn out to be Summer's dad.

Sharon is talking to Cassie's ghost on a fairly regular basis so it is pretty obvious that something is seriously "off" with her mental state! Either she is losing touch with reality because her meds have been tampered with, or she is just going deeper into some sort of mental decline. But, either way, I think it may turn out that she did not actually change the results but truly believes she did.

But, unfortunately for Phyllis who overheard Sharon talking about changing the results, it will lead to this sad coma storyline.

Monetfan, anything is possible in soapland but I'm hearing on other boards that Phyllis will be in a coma and the "lie" will persist for a while. The writers might be looking for a recast. I don't think anyone tampered with Sharon's meds....she's just nuts, lol.

monetfan1374449772.021471 PostsRegistered 10/11/2006
On 7/21/2013 Mmsfoxxie said:
On 7/21/2013 monetfan said:

Does anyone else wonder if maybe Sharon is "delusional" about changing the DNA results? I am beginning to think that <em>she only thinks</em> she changed them, but in reality she did not - and that Jack will indeed turn out to be Summer's dad.

Sharon is talking to Cassie's ghost on a fairly regular basis so it is pretty obvious that something is seriously "off" with her mental state! Either she is losing touch with reality because her meds have been tampered with, or she is just going deeper into some sort of mental decline. But, either way, I think it may turn out that she <em>did not</em> <em>actually</em> <em>change</em> the results but <em>truly</em> <em>believes</em> she did.

Monetfan, anything is possible in soapland but I'm hearing on other boards that Phyllis will be in a coma and the "lie" will persist for a while. The writers might be looking for a recast. I don't think anyone tampered with Sharon's meds....she's just nuts, lol.

Mmsfoxxie - I agree that Phyllis will be in a coma - most likely right up until Michelle Stafford leaves.

But have you seen anything on the other boards you read that maybe Sharon is just nuts, as you say, lol, and is dreaming in her own mind that she switched the DNA results - but that she really did not - which would make Jack Summer's dad? Or do most people think she really did switch the DNA results and that Nick really is Summer's dad, rather than Jack?

"The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." Martha Washington

LuvitorLIT1374500277.9672984 PostsRegistered 3/23/2005NYC

Thanks for the info, I agree anything is possible but I too did not think this was the route the writers would take with Phyllis, but I have seen this same scenerio in other soaps. I can't imagine not replacing her role since it's been very important.

Mmsfoxxie1374514303.3035483 PostsRegistered 6/19/2010

Lol....Phyllis says, " Get out of my way you demented B**ch!!!

Uh, oh...Maybe Lauren will axe Carmine tomorrow.

Fen really knows how to pick his 'friends', right?

Last edited on 7/22/2013

Last edited on 7/22/2013

JESSA1374516947.912365 PostsRegistered 12/18/2010

This is getting crazy...Jack should go and have his own DNA test done.

straitgirl1374517191.86321653 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

Sounds like they are putting her in a coma while they recast Phyllis. With Katherine and Phyllis gone, Avery marrying Nick, don't think I'll continue watching regularly. Why don't they all get another DNA test and all be there.

loveschoco­late1374525056.36310171 PostsRegistered 5/11/2012Ohio......GO BUCKS!!!!
On 7/22/2013 Mmsfoxxie said:

Lol....Phyllis says, " Get out of my way you demented B**ch!!!

Uh, oh...Maybe Lauren will axe Carmine tomorrow.

Fen really knows how to pick his 'friends', right?

Last edited on 7/22/2013
LOVED it when Phyllis said that! Lol! Sharho is sooo cray, cray!! Carmy's days are numbered! So sorry Sharke!

"Chocolate should be one of the major food groups!"

"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making a few more!"

monetfan1374584886.5431471 PostsRegistered 10/11/2006

After watching Monday's show, with the scenes between Kyle and Summer, just wanted to say I'm retracting my idea from post #2 above, lol, where I wondered if maybe Sharon only imagined she had changed the DNA results. I am now convinced that she did sneak into the doctor/lab office and change them, meaning that Nick really is Summer's dad.

The reason I changed my mind is that yesterday both Kyle and Summer said what a strong romantic "pull" they still have toward each other. It just seems too creepy to have them both say that they can't even take the chance of being near each other if, in fact, they really were related.

So I guess now the question is how long will Phyllis be in the coma, keeping Sharon's secret? Or if they have her wake up, will she even remember what happened and what she heard Sharon say? Does anyone know if they will be recasting - or will this be it for the Phyllis character?

TXGigi1374586916.333674 PostsRegistered 10/25/2004

This whole romance thing between Kyle and Summer is forced on by the writers. Summer we know was definitely infatuated with Kyle but when all of a sudden did Kyle fall for Summer?

monetfan1374589364.341471 PostsRegistered 10/11/2006
On 7/23/2013 TXGigi said:

This whole romance thing between Kyle and Summer is forced on by the writers. Summer we know was definitely infatuated with Kyle but when all of a sudden did Kyle fall for Summer?

I agree. It's like a new batch of writers came in and suddenly, overnight, Kyle was head-over-heels smitten with Summer - when right before, Summer and Courtney had been girlishly plotting ways for Summer to even get Kyle's attention. He was definitely not into Summer in a romantic way - and then - poof - it's the romance of the century!

robomo1374593725.5839441 PostsRegistered 3/15/2005

Here's what I think - not that any of you asked me - LOL

I think Phyllis will be in a coma for a long time - long enough for them to thrust another redhead on us and we think it's Phyllis. I do not see how they could totally write her character out of the show.

I also think they will recast her as they hope she might change her mind about leaving to pursue other things or that she will come back sooner than later.

I HATE this storyline. Sharon is a crazy ho and I'm tired of her and Victor getting away with everything they do to others.

Okay - enough now.

Mmsfoxxie1374606134.0975483 PostsRegistered 6/19/2010

I lol alllll opinions, lol.

I, too, think that phyllis will be recast. They did a great recast job of her some years ago, maybe that actress is available. Don't remember her name. Then, just like before, she can come back when she's ready.

Last edited on 7/23/2013

Last edited on 7/23/2013

Page 1 of 1