TSV(R) Preview
150 Members and 10970 Guests Online

Community

QVC & CEW Present Beauty With Benefits - April 17th from 8-10pm ET

Started 1396700966.49 in WEN | Last reply 1397828823.687 by Kjelle

Thanks to silveer for the advance notice about this event...

----

QVC & CEW Present Beauty with Benefits on April 17th from 8-10pm ET. Last year Chaz presented a Wen OTO (information below). I don't know if Wen will be included in this upcoming event, but since Chaz has QVC Wen shows scheduled for April 18th & 19th it seems likely that he will be taking part in this event. -- bebe Smile

--

April 25th, 2013 - OTO - 9-11pm ET (Beauty with Benefits) -- WEN by ChazDean 32 oz. Body Cleansing Creme with Loofah Free Gift with Every Purchase! (S6708) -- 32oz BCC (SAM, POM or LAV) and 4oz FTC (QVC: $72) -- WEN on Beauty with Benefits tonight -- $54.96 w/ free S&H

----

----

QVC & CEW Present Beauty with Benefits

--

What's better than makeup, fragrance, skin care, and more from leading names? 80% of the purchase price* of donated merchandise going towards a beautiful cause! Tune in to QVC April 17 from 8–10pm ET for QVC® & CEW Present Beauty with Benefits, an event in support of Cancer and Careers, which helps women with cancer thrive in the workplace.

Watch videos from last year's show, which raised $984,566!
Find out how the money we raised is being put to use this year.

* Purchase price excludes S&H and tax.

---

A lipstick can change someone's look, but can it change a life? It certainly can when you shop for a cause during QVC® & CEW Present Beauty with Benefits, an event in support of Cancer and Careers. Leading names in the beauty world are donating merchandise, and 80% of the purchase price* of it is going towards Cancer and Careers. Our selection of charitable beauty supplies includes makeup palettes, fragrance, skin care products, body care, hair care products, and more.

Cancer and Careers was established by the Cosmetic Executive Women Foundation, the charitable arm of Cosmetic Executive Women, Inc., a nonprofit trade organization of executives in the beauty, cosmetics, fragrance, and related industries. The Cancer and Careers program is dedicated to empowering and educating people with cancer to help them thrive in their workplace. Through the expert advice, interactive tools, and educational events they provide, they've become the go-to resource for cancer patients and survivors nationwide. Their vision is to eliminate fear and uncertainty for working people with cancer. They strive to do so by offering an informative website, free publications, career coaching, and a series of support groups and educational seminars for employees with cancer, their healthcare providers, and their coworkers.

Beauty with Benefits is an extraordinary event that proves a little makeup can make a big difference, not only in the way you feel about yourself, but also in the lives of others. Do something beautiful when you treat yourself to beauty supplies from some of the most notable names in the industry.

*Purchase price excludes S&H and tax.

----

Page 1 of 2
ANewHue1396718175.4532792 PostsRegistered 9/20/2007
Thanks for this reminder Bebe, I am anxiously awaiting these shows, even though I don't need a thing and promised myself I wouldn't be ordering but this girl needs a Wen fix! Lol

Angel19481396725977.1574660 PostsRegistered 8/23/2008DFW Metroplex , Tx.
I just checked and my on screen guide shows it 4-6PM , I'm central time.

jazzbabe1396726170.852823 PostsRegistered 12/14/2007

Last year a full size of the Wen finishing treatment creme was one of the products included in the free gift bag.

bebe7771397046228.2973981 PostsRegistered 12/10/2012

I can't believe I somehow missed last year's event. This year I'm ready!!

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Last edited on 4/12/2014

bebe7771397138024.5433981 PostsRegistered 12/10/2012

QVC & CEW Present Beauty with Benefits on April 17th from 8-10pm ET.

QVC has been running an ad featuring Tiffany Thiessen, which lists the vendors participating in the show. Since Wen is included in this listing, it looks like there will be a Wen product offered again this year. Chaz also has QVC Wen shows scheduled for April 18th & 19th.

-- bebe Smile

--

Beauty with Benefits

* Algenist

* bareMinerals

* CHI

* Clarins

* Clarisonic

* Clinique

* Dior

* Dr. Denese

* Dr. Dennis Gross

* Edward Bess

* Fresh

* Givenchy

* IT Cosmetics

* Josie Maran

* Laura Geller

* Lipstick Queen

* Mally

* Perricone MD

* Peter Thomas Roth

* philosophy

* StriVectin

* tarte

* Tweezerman

* WEN

-- special thanks to Sonia Kashuk

----

Kjelle1397138440.6232219 PostsRegistered 6/7/2013NorCal
Thanks for the list of vendors' bebe. WEN didn't have a finalist nom this year so I thought he might not be participating.

Last edited on 4/10/2014

wagirl1397141274.524635 PostsRegistered 10/20/2004

wonder if some of the models will be actual cancer patients that are bald, you know, like in real cancer life---probably not---way to graphic for the Q. when I was going thru treatments, no way could I have EVER used most of the products on my skin. needed wigs and scarves and gentle, make up and skincare. Didn't need shampoo tho--{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Last edited on 4/11/2014

kh271397233532.9639 PostsRegistered 3/30/2014MD

I will be working during the April 17th, 18th, and 19th shows. I'm new to QVC and I'm wondering if the do offer a deal of some sort (OTO?), will it be available online or only by calling during the show?

bebe7771397438037.2173981 PostsRegistered 12/10/2012

Tune In: Beauty with Benefits on QVC

.... The 2013 event raised nearly $1 million and funded the expansion of Cancer and Careers services into new areas, travel scholarships, new online news resources for patients and more. This year’s two-hour broadcast will feature products donated by brands such as Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare, Clinique, philosophy, Clarins and more. Everyone that buys during the event will receive a sample-filled makeup bag designed by makeup artist and cancer-survivor, Sonia Kashuk.... -- from the Ageist Beauty site (3/30/14)

Beauty with Benefits

Sample gift bag with purchase designed by Sonia Kashuk.
(source: WWD.com/John Aquino)

Last edited on 4/13/2014

evelomaddi­ct1397440979.657091 PostsRegistered 4/6/2013

is this when items are half price too? i seem to remember the prices being really great last year.

“The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything” Albert Einstein

okiebug1397490682.4173993 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008
On 4/10/2014 wagirl said:

wonder if some of the models will be actual cancer patients that are bald, you know, like in real cancer life---probably not---way to graphic for the Q. when I was going thru treatments, no way could I have EVER used most of the products on my skin. needed wigs and scarves and gentle, make up and skincare. Didn't need shampoo tho--{#emotions_dlg.blush}

wagirl, congratulations on being a survivor! Last year QVC did have cancer patients and survivors on. And, I realize your skin is extremely sensitive, but the purpose of the Beauty with Benefits is to raise money, and QVC and the corporate donors are very generous - 80% of the price, not just profits, goes to the fund. If they donate products that those of us who are fortunate enough not to have had to deal with cancer yet can use and purchase, then it provides the funds for the needs of the cancer patients - wigs, special skin care, etc.

bebe7771397522732.8033981 PostsRegistered 12/10/2012

QVC & CEW Present Beauty with Benefits on April 17th from 8-10pm ET.

I just spoke with I spoke with a QVC supervisor who gave gave me the confirmed listing of Beauty with Benefits participants which is at the end of this post. Wen is included in this list. There will be a 16oz. CC, comb & DVD kit (in choice of SAM, TT, FIG, LAV or POM). Evidentially, the advance photo shot from WWD must have used random sample products for the press photo. It doesn't seem as though the Wen FTC will be included in the gift bag this year.

-- bebe Smile

____

____

Beauty with Benefits

--

Note: Click on Beauty with Benefits to see six of the items in the show including tarte, Clarisonic, Josie Marin, Clarins, Lipstick Queen & Edward Bess. Below is the complete list of participants.

--

* Algenist

* bareMinerals

* CHI -- just added to list

* Clarins

* Clarisonic

* Clinique

* Dior

* Dr. Denese

* Dr. Dennis Gross

* Edward Bess

* Fresh sensorial

* Givenchy

* IT Cosmetics

* Josie Maran

* Laura Geller

* Lipstick Queen Rose & Shine Lip Gloss (by Puppy King)

* Mally

* Perricone MD

* Peter Thomas Roth

* philosophy

* StriVectin

* tarte

* Tweezerman -- just added to list

* WEN

-- special thanks to Sonia Kashuk (designer of the sample gift bag with purchase and will include Perricone MD, Algenist, tarte, Purity, & Laura Geller)

----

Note: For the past few weeks QVC has been running a BWB promo with Tiffany Thiessen that listed 24 companies who were participating in the BWB show (see post #5 of this thread). This list has been confirmed by a QVC supervisor and someone else (T3 which had been listed in the April 2014 issue of InsideQ was not included in the current listing).

--

Last edited on 4/16/2014

MissKlynn1397524840.272537 PostsRegistered 6/22/2012

I'm disappointed in the gift bag this year compared to last year, which was super super full of goodies. Loved the bag too, I still use it all the time. This bag looks nice, just not thrilled with the items in it. Wish Wen would do something other than the FTC in these gift bags, most of us don't like it and we all have several tubes. Not the best product to entice new Wen users IMO :)

My fingers are crossed for the mousse/VTS duo.... that has got to be BWB item! If not, I'm counting on it sometime this weekend. I'm down to my last few pumps of mousse.

Excited for the shows!

WEN: Shoulder length thick naturally curly hair, brunette with deep red highlights.
SKIN: Mid 30's, sensitive combo skin.

jazzbabe1397527963.8372823 PostsRegistered 12/14/2007

Looking forward to the show as it is for a good cause.

Last edited on 4/19/2014

bebe7771397639305.7373981 PostsRegistered 12/10/2012

As you know, the BWB show will be on April 17th from 8-10pm ET. Click on Beauty with Benefits to see six of the items being previewed for the show including tarte, Clarisonic, Josie Marin, Clarins, Lipstick Queen & Edward Bess. Below is the complete list of participants. Wen is included in this list and here will be a 16oz. CC, comb & DVD kit (in choice of SAM, TT, FIG, LAV or POM). It's nice to be able to get a little peek at things. Evidentially, the advance photo shot from WWD must have used random sample products for the press photo. It doesn't seem as though the Wen FTC will be included in the gift bag this year.

-- bebe Smile

____

____

Beauty with Benefits

--

Note: Below is the complete list of participants.

--

* Algenist

* bareMinerals

* CHI

* Clarins

* Clarisonic

* Clinique

* Dior

* Dr. Denese

* Dr. Dennis Gross

* Edward Bess

* Fresh sensorial

* Givenchy

* IT Cosmetics

* Josie Maran

* Laura Geller

* Lipstick Queen Rose & Shine Lip Gloss (by Puppy King)

* Mally

* Perricone MD

* Peter Thomas Roth

* philosophy

* StriVectin

* tarte

* Tweezerman

* WEN

-- special thanks to Sonia Kashuk (designer of the sample gift bag with purchase and will include Perricone MD, Algenist, tarte, Purity, & Laura Geller)

----

Note: For the past few weeks QVC has been running a BWB promo with Tiffany Thiessen that listed 24 companies who were participating in the BWB show (see post #5 of this thread). This list has been confirmed by a QVC supervisor (T3 which had been listed in the April 2014 issue of InsideQ was not included in the current listing).

--

Last edited on 4/17/2014

Remee1397643783.4877931 PostsRegistered 11/12/2013 Garden of Eden

Many of these products are the same as we regularly see them on the Q ,day in and day out. I did see several of them in the bag are small, sample sizes, not the regular sizes.

I may be wrong, but it didn't look like many products to fill the bag. Hope I'm wrong, or I will be very disappointed.

bebe7771397721881.5433981 PostsRegistered 12/10/2012

As you know, the Beauty with Benefits show will be on tonight from 8-10pm ET.

Click on Beauty with Benefits to see six of the items being previewed for the show including tarte, Clarisonic, Josie Marin, Clarins, Lipstick Queen & Edward Bess. Below is the complete list of participants. Wen is included in this list and here will be a 16oz. CC, comb & DVD kit (in choice of SAM, TT, FIG, LAV or POM). It's nice to be able to get a little cew sneak peek at things. Evidentially, the advance photo shot from WWD must have used random sample products for the press photo. It doesn't seem as though the Wen FTC will be included in the gift bag this year.

-- bebe Smile

Newtowen1397739787.373897 PostsRegistered 8/1/2013
Thank you bebe. Do you know the price for the WEN CC and comb? I'm not interested on the CD, but I can always use the CC and another comb, so it may be worth buying, plus I feel the proceeds will be put to good use.

winamac11397740147.38330944 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

IMO the main advantage will be reduced shipping. Last year, it was free shipping.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Last edited on 4/17/2014

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

WenGirl421397740314.3372336 PostsRegistered 7/5/2012
On 4/17/2014 bebe777 said:

As you know, the Beauty with Benefits show will be on tonight from 8-10pm ET.

Click on Beauty with Benefits to see six of the items being previewed for the show including tarte, Clarisonic, Josie Marin, Clarins, Lipstick Queen & Edward Bess. Below is the complete list of participants. Wen is included in this list and here will be a 16oz. CC, comb & DVD kit (in choice of SAM, TT, FIG, LAV or POM). It's nice to be able to get a little cew sneak peek at things. Evidentially, the advance photo shot from WWD must have used random sample products for the press photo. It doesn't seem as though the Wen FTC will be included in the gift bag this year.

-- bebe Smile

The products included in the GWP can vary (the description says there are 4 different sets of products). It may well be that the FTC is included in one or more of those sets.

WenGirl421397740381.8032336 PostsRegistered 7/5/2012
On 4/17/2014 winamac1 said:

IMO the main advantage will be reduced shipping. Last year, it was free shipping.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Well, that and knowing the purchase price is mostly going to a good cause Wink

Kjelle1397781292.0332219 PostsRegistered 6/7/2013NorCal

Chaz looks great tonight. I like the longer hair.

ANewHue1397782844.5672792 PostsRegistered 9/20/2007
On 4/17/2014 Kjelle said:

He does, brought tears to my eyes when he was talking about his mom.

Newtowen1397782978.96897 PostsRegistered 8/1/2013
On 4/17/2014 beaches21 said:
On 4/17/2014 Kjelle said:

He does, brought tears to my eyes when he was talking about his mom.
Me too.

Kjelle1397785655.8172219 PostsRegistered 6/7/2013NorCal

I didn't expect to purchase anything tonight but I clicked on the IT eye liners just as they said sold out., I think I got it. I wouldn't have bought it gor the free gift but now I look at it, I'm glad I will get it. I wanted to try Bye Bye Under eye and the Sugar Lip. I'm glad to have a travel tube of FTC, too. I'll give away the philosophy. I 'll try the Strivestin on my just barely there marionette lines.

Last edited on 4/17/2014

Page 1 of 2