Share the Love
14 Members and 14456 Guests Online

Community

QVC Needs to Bring Back "For Race Fans Only" Before NASCAR Fans Go Elsewhere

Started 1268697632.54 in | Last reply 1270836366.55 by dalejrss

The ONLY reason that I watch QVC is to see "For Race Fans Only" and their exclusive Dale Jr. die-casts.  I've spent quite a bit of money on NASCAR merchandise because of this show, Dan Hughes (the host), exclusive die-casts, and the fantastic on-site location broadcasts. 

I can tell you that NASCAR fans are the most loyal, money-spending, brand-supporting people out there.  If QVC doesn't wake up and get this show back on the air, I and all of the other people who also spend LOTS of cash on racing merchandise will most definitely take our business elsewhere.

What in the world is wrong with them???

Page 1 of 1
pansy pal1268765644.05350 PostsRegistered 10/4/2007

The Q took away one of the most popular shows that they had on.But, and that's abig BUT, Joan Rivers ,Susan Graver , Jeanne Bice ,Kathy Van Zeeland ,Bruce Makowsky,are on almost every day. All the sports related shows have been dumped in order for the Q to sell hundreds of handbags, and tons of cheap junk jewelry that isn't fit to wear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a good mind to cancel my membership because I am sick of looking at the same faces every day. All of the afore mentioned people are enough to make me gag!!!!!!!!!! That's why I don't watch anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

pansy pal1268765644.82350 PostsRegistered 10/4/2007

The Q took away one of the most popular shows that they had on.But, and that's abig BUT, Joan Rivers ,Susan Graver , Jeanne Bice ,Kathy Van Zeeland ,Bruce Makowsky,are on almost every day. All the sports related shows have been dumped in order for the Q to sell hundreds of handbags, and tons of cheap junk jewelry that isn't fit to wear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a good mind to cancel my membership because I am sick of looking at the same faces every day. All of the afore mentioned people are enough to make me gag!!!!!!!!!! That's why I don't watch anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

nantucket ­shore1268796480.575342 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007

It all comes down to dollars and cents generated by the Q....you just can't run a show based on Dale Jr for an hour.

I would check out a MA authorized dealer for the special finish cars that were offered by the Q........2010 brushed metals and color chromes, very limited quantities are available from any authorized dealer if they have any left.

azqfan1268796848.923509 PostsRegistered 10/24/2004

QVC is in business to make money and if the Nascar show was profitable it would still be on the air.  I did hear they also had trouble getting product to sell at the right price point.  I don't think you will see an entire show devoted to racing again but maybe they will have a few items for sale in the future.

gardenman1268829742.93315906 PostsRegistered 6/30/2005Southern New Jersey

You might see the shows come back, but possibly not in prime time. They could move the shows to a late night/early morning time slot when sales are slower on their other items and hope the race fans find it.

Early Sunday morning might not be a bad time slot for the program. Sunday is typically race day, so sneaking it in there before the prerace shows start might be a good alternative for QVC. I don't have access to QVC sales figures, but I would guess that nine to ten on Sunday mornings wasn't one of their best selling hours. For Race Fans Only might be a good fit in that time slot.

Fly! Eagles! Fly!

sashamatth­ews1268830609.631374 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I do not know if this is part of the decision why these shows are not on (I'm a Jeff Gordon fan), but the company which supplies the majority of the die-cast and other products is in financial trouble.  The last I heard (on Sirius' NASCAR channel 128)  the company could not reach an agreement with the team owners on royalties and other fees.  You could perhaps Google this - if QVC can't get the products it can't put the shows on the air.

You could also email Dan Hughes to see what he says, if he responds to your inquiry.

reggie441268851687.271 PostsRegistered 3/17/2010

I would like to know why QVC couldn't find one hour on Fridays to have For Race Fans Only.  I have bought a lot of items from this show in the past and was looking forward to it this year.  After all they have about 5 million shows with skin care products - they can't spare 1 hr. for NASCAR???

Doopsie1268852014.43641 PostsRegistered 11/20/2004Ohio

They got rid of Craftsman Tools, too.  Maybe there just are not enough men watching these shows to make them profitable.

Member since 1988

arohn20061269012583.20712 PostsRegistered 6/9/2006

I know I miss and watched both shows and I'm disappointed they are not on the air anymore. I REALLY hope QVC rethinks their decision and brings both back!

pansy pal1269632428.573350 PostsRegistered 10/4/2007

Dear Doopsie , The reason Craftsman Tools is no longer at the Q has nothing to do with them . That decision was made by Sears and not QVC. I wrote Dan Wheeler about the shows and he replied by saying Sears management  pulled the shows. I case you aren't aware Sears is in trouble financially also, just like  the company thay supplies the Q with the die-cast cars and the other stuff. That company is Motorsports Authetics. I personally have no use for Sears at all, but that's just me.

dalejrss1270836366.555 PostsRegistered 4/9/2010

I wrote to the Predident of QVC, Mike George, and here is the essence of that note -

"Mr. George -

I'm deeply saddened to learn that my (and thousands of other race fans) favorite program has been removed from QVC Programming.  Quite frankly, I believe this is HUGE mistake. 

First of all, you have a program host (Dan Hughes) who is extremely knowledgeable not only about the products but the sport that is now the number one spectator sport in the country.

Second, he (and QVC) have a following that for the past seventeen years have sold a tremendous amount of product (I myself have purchased over 150 cars and six display cases along with other fan-related merchandise).  Our collective expenditures over the last few years are at least $10,000, largely due to your program & the host efforts.  The live on-site broadcasts were the best! 

Third, its not all about jewelry, cosmetics or women's clothing which I know are very popular and profitable but it should also be about giving your male (and certain female) audience a small piece of your air time devoted to Race Fans Only!!

So, I suppose its ultimately up to you to consider re-instating this wonderful program and do some additional promotions to help them regain the foothold fro QVC they once enjoyed.

Please give us back our program!!!"

This was preceded by the following note to Dan Hughes -

"Dan - I can't believe it!!! I thought I heard you say last year that the show was renewed for the 2010 season. Who do we write to to appeal that decision? They're making a HUGE mistake!! I'm sure the popularity of the show was not the problem. If you have an e-mail list of those who have written you over the years, maybe a "blast" note to those folks would be helpful to get the word out and start a real campaign to have our favorite program on QVC re-instated. If you can't do that, please send it to me and I'll be happy to help organize it. QVC can't simply be all about house wares. make-up & jewelry.

I look forward to hearing from you and I'll keep checking on the cases. Man, what a bummer!!!!!"

My advice is to keep sending notes, making phone calls to customer service, etc. to get the folks to pay attention!!!

Page 1 of 1