Back-in-Stock Fashions
22 Members and 13138 Guests Online

Community

Robert Blake on Piers Morgan last night.

Started 1342101221.99 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1342552739.13 by kaybee

Did anyone see him last night? Is he really as crazy as Charles Manson or is he pulling a Charlie Sheen to sell his book? I couldn't watch it all.....it made me ill.

He honestly reminded me of Manson when I was listening to him rant.

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next
Topaz Gem1342101420.51316001 PostsRegistered 10/31/2007Scenic New Hampshire

I didn't see the show, but I've seen recent photos of Blake and he has that crazed look in his eyes just like Manson does. Very creepy.

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~ Albert Camus

JuJu Squee­zy1342101480.273362 PostsRegistered 11/1/2011

I haven't seen the interview yet but he's always been wacky and ready to act for a buck.

clemintine1342101756.70318250 PostsRegistered 11/5/2007C.C.

I saw it. It was heart wrenching to hear his life story. No wonder he's a mess.Any child that is ignored from birth is going to have issues. Huge issues.

I don't understand why he was even arrested in his wife's murder, since the guns didn't match. Perhaps his attitude kept him in jail. I'm interested in the book, though I think it will be hard to read.

He has nothing left. How would he come off as peaceful, relaxed and normal. Couldn't happen, under the circumstances of his life.

reese21342101801.8136246 PostsRegistered 8/11/2006North of South..we've moved

Guilt, maybe? I didn't see it, but I heard part of his rant on the radio this morning when I was getting ready for work. He sounded very hostile, from what I heard, but that could have been out of context. It just sounded strange that he placed so little importance on his wife's murder.

"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
~Oscar Wilde

JuJu Squee­zy1342102261.533362 PostsRegistered 11/1/2011

In his interviews in the 70's or guests shots on the Tonight Show etc. he acted unstable, a little wild, volatile and he also spoke of being in fights, arguments etc. He'd be acting now if he could get along with others. He had a hard childhood and he made himself a hard life.

Hildegarde­ Withers1342102269.48711690 PostsRegistered 11/9/2011

OMG W T H cares! ;)

smhr1342102595.8873822 PostsRegistered 1/16/2012laid back and mellow town USA

I watched during the commercials of Million Dollar Listing. If a person didn't think Robert Blake had anything to do with her death, a person may think differently after watching the P.M. interview. Last night, Robert Blake basically said, Bonnie Bakley's death wasn't the most significant moment in his life". I suppose there are different interpretations of his remark. Why would any regular Joe carry a gun into a restaurant to begin with? Robert Blake went back in to get it? The whole story is too perplexing.

Still, I remember years ago, he ( Robert Blake ) recounted his horrific childhood in another interview. Who knows, he might had "cracked" the night of his wife's death? He was acquitted and that is all that counts, I suppose.

LovemyHusky1342104864.412871 PostsRegistered 3/4/2010

I am watching Cnn and they are talking about the interview. They also showed part of the interview and I couldn't believe how hostle he was. If he doesn't want to talk about the murder of his wife or his arrest for it, then why did he go on the show? I rember watching Baretta when I was in first grade and I loved that show. I also liked that show where he played the priest.

loveschoco­late1342105248.65710216 PostsRegistered 5/11/2012Ohio......GO BUCKS!!!!
I just saw clips of it....he was downright scary..all that anger and hate. A lot of people had difficult childhoods but don't act like that.

"Chocolate should be one of the major food groups!"

"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making a few more!"

deepwaterd­otter1342105507.83712887 PostsRegistered 9/1/2005America's Dairyland

I think this "crazy" interview may sell some books, but I'm not sure it will lead to future roles in film or on TV. He appeared at turns to be both manic and pathetic. Piers did a good job of staying calm while Mr. Blake 'went off the deep end".

"Take your makeup off, Let your hair down. Take a breath, Look into the mirror at yourself. Don't you like you? 'Cause I like you! - "Try" by Colbie Caillat

ktlynam1342106479.3333605 PostsRegistered 11/17/2004

I saw the interview and was riveted the entire time, watching the facial expressions and body language of both Piers Morgan and Robert Blake. It was, for me, the most facinating interview I've seen for a long, long time.

Was it acting? Was it the revelation of a seriously mentally debilitated person? Perhaps a blend of both.

I've watched Robert Blake in interviews for many years. I've read about his childhood and life growing up. He's always been an over-the-top, emotional, volitile, no-holds-barred person. I don't doubt his belief that the murder of his wife, Bonnie, was not the most significant episode in his life.

Closer11342107143.583885 PostsRegistered 6/29/2007
On 7/12/2012 smhr said:

I watched during the commercials of Million Dollar Listing. If a person didn't think Robert Blake had anything to do with her death, a person may think differently after watching the P.M. interview. Last night, Robert Blake basically said, Bonnie Bakley's death wasn't the most significant moment in his life". I suppose there are different interpretations of his remark. Why would any regular Joe carry a gun into a restaurant to begin with? Robert Blake went back in to get it? The whole story is too perplexing.

Still, I remember years ago, he ( Robert Blake ) recounted his horrific childhood in another interview. Who knows, he might had "cracked" the night of his wife's death? He was acquitted and that is all that counts, I suppose.

One of the reasons for Blake's acquittal was his wife's shady background. She had a history of abandoning her original kids and moving to Hollywood. One of her biggest dreams was to "marry an actor". She actually had Marlon Brando's son and Robert Blake on her radar screen at the same time. Apparently, when she got pregnant she didn't know which was the father. After the child was born, it was obvious that the child was Blakes. The other damaging issue was that she had scammed several men before she met Blake. She sent them pictures of herself to lonely old men in exchange for money. She asked for money so she could visit them. Once the old guys sent her the money she stood them up disappeared. Blake's atty presented evidence supporting this during the trial. This info assisted in creating doubt during the trial. The wife had scammed so many men and created scores of enemies in the process. Therefore, there were several men who had a motive to kill her. These facts helped pave the road to Blake's acquittal.

ShowMe1342107515.7344545 PostsRegistered 9/6/2010Missouri
On 7/12/2012 clemintine said:

I saw it. It was heart wrenching to hear his life story. No wonder he's a mess.Any child that is ignored from birth is going to have issues. Huge issues.

I don't understand why he was even arrested in his wife's murder, since the guns didn't match. Perhaps his attitude kept him in jail. I'm interested in the book, though I think it will be hard to read.

He has nothing left. How would he come off as peaceful, relaxed and normal. Couldn't happen, under the circumstances of his life.

clementine I have to agree with you on that. He has taken that with him all of his life. What I couldn't understand was why PM kept hammering him about something he didn't want to talk about. PM has the tendency to do this.....just keeps it up and keeps it up, until it provoke the guest.

I really though Blake was going to get up and leave the set.....he was angry.....and maybe I would have been too if I was Blake.

There were points in the show where I wanted to switch off, but just couldn't. In many ways, I felt sorry for Blake.

Yes, he does some really nutty things, and I feel when someone like that is being interviewed, a person needs to be careful about what questions are asked.

Formerly Fluffy329........

Proud to be from the St. Louis area and LOVE THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!
Go Cardinals

Happy Shopping and Don't Spend All Your Money in One Place!!!!!

ShowMe1342107694.13344545 PostsRegistered 9/6/2010Missouri
On 7/12/2012 deepwaterdotter said:

I think this "crazy" interview may sell some books, but I'm not sure it will lead to future roles in film or on TV. He appeared at turns to be both manic and pathetic. Piers did a good job of staying calm while Mr. Blake 'went off the deep end".

PM should have quit asking him about his wife when Blake asked him to. To me, PM had a scared look on his face a couple of times.

Yes, it was a "crazy" interview.

Go Cardinals

ShowMe1342107904.06744545 PostsRegistered 9/6/2010Missouri
On 7/12/2012 LovemyHusky said:

I am watching Cnn and they are talking about the interview. They also showed part of the interview and I couldn't believe how hostle he was. If he doesn't want to talk about the murder of his wife or his arrest for it, then why did he go on the show? I rember watching Baretta when I was in first grade and I loved that show. I also liked that show where he played the priest.

Apparently you didn't watch the show. They must have been showing different clips of the show, which really isn't fair. Blake let Piers know he didn't want to talk about his wife and her murder numerous times, but PM just kept pumping him for an answer. PM has a way of doing that to his guests.

I watched many of the Baretta shows, and always enjoyed them. In his day, he was a very good actor.

Go Cardinals

sunala1342107933.59319526 PostsRegistered 11/13/2004

I didn't watch the interview, but I wonder whatever happened to his daughter? She was a little girl at the time of the trial. Did they ever discover if she was his real daughter?

The whole thing is very sad, especially with children involved.

Sunny

He who limps is still walking.
~~Joan Rivers

Don't take an elevator if you have to go to the bathroom.
~~My mom

ShowMe1342108072.12744545 PostsRegistered 9/6/2010Missouri

Blake did say he didn't marry his wife because he loved her, it was because she was the mother of his baby. She was not a very good person and did some pretty nasty things. But, I really don't think he killed her.

Go Cardinals

ktlynam1342108441.7273605 PostsRegistered 11/17/2004
On 7/12/2012 ShowMe said:

PM should have quit asking him about his wife when Blake asked him to. To me, PM had a scared look on his face a couple of times.

Actually, he apparently made it VERY CLEAR to Piers Morgan and the producers BEFORE he agreed to be interviewed that he was NOT going to address questions about his wife and her murder, or essentially be "re-tried" for the murder.

ShowMe: You are right that PM looked scared a few times during the interview. I actually watched his face pale as RB tore into him. He kept himself together with great effort and didn't back down, however. But I am certain that he was sitting in shock and wasn't expecting Blake to come back at him as forcefully as he did. Blake didn't back down at all and didn't let PM get away with ANYTHING.

Giordan1342108557.3831928 PostsRegistered 8/5/2011

I think he is just trying to sell his book and re-coup some of the money he lost to lawyers.

He is one screwed-up dude!

Giordan1342108558.0431928 PostsRegistered 8/5/2011

I think he is just trying to sell his book and re-coup some of the money he lost to lawyers.

VCamp27481342108775.3177201 PostsRegistered 4/20/2006

He's been acting all of his life, so who knows what the real Robert Blake is like. I watched the entire interview & don't think he should be compared to Charles Manson. A little crazy, yes, but not nearly as sick as Manson is.

ktlynam1342108785.1933605 PostsRegistered 11/17/2004
On 7/12/2012 Giordan said:

He made it very clear during the interview that his purpose was to get his book out as a "calling card" to producers and directors in hopes of making one more movie. He didn't hide the fact that he did this book to raise money or gain a movie deal.

ShowMe1342109050.3644545 PostsRegistered 9/6/2010Missouri
On 7/12/2012 ktlynam said:
On 7/12/2012 ShowMe said:

Actually, he apparently made it VERY CLEAR to Piers Morgan and the producers BEFORE he agreed to be interviewed that he was NOT going to address questions about his wife and her murder, or essentially be "re-tried" for the murder.

ShowMe: You are right that PM looked scared a few times during the interview. I actually watched his face pale as RB tore into him. He kept himself together with great effort and didn't back down, however. But I am certain that he was sitting in shock and wasn't expecting Blake to come back at him as forcefully as he did. Blake didn't back down at all and didn't let PM get away with ANYTHING.

It is my feeling that PM should have never brought the subject up.....especially since Blake had made it clear to PM and producers beforehand. To be me it was like he (PM) was sticking the knife in further and further, and with each push, he was turning the knife.

PM should have been scared, and he should have backed down. I don't think he expected Blake to go after him the way he did, and I agree with you thinking PM was shocked. Did you notice how red PM's face got at that one point?

I don't see any comparison of Blake to Manson.

Go Cardinals

sunala1342109146.0119526 PostsRegistered 11/13/2004

I just watched a few youtube clips. That is one angry, scary dude. Piers did look a bit pasty and not his usual feisty self.

Unless it was all a big show to sell more books. Blake's an actor, remember?

Who really knows?

Sunny

He who limps is still walking.
~~Joan Rivers

Don't take an elevator if you have to go to the bathroom.
~~My mom

ShowMe1342109395.23744545 PostsRegistered 9/6/2010Missouri
On 7/12/2012 sunala said:

I just watched a few youtube clips. That is one angry, scary dude. Piers did look a bit pasty and not his usual feisty self.

Unless it was all a big show to sell more books. Blake's an actor, remember?

Who really knows?

Sunny

sunala.....they are showing those clips now because that is what they want people to think. I am really glad I stuck it out and watched the whole interview.

I thought Piers was his usual feisty self. I don't think it was done in hopes of selling more books, I think he really wanted Blake to answer his question.....remember if he would have, it would have been points for PM's show. PM is an actor of sorts too.....

Go Cardinals

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next