Meant for Mom(SM)
17 Members and 9043 Guests Online

Community

yahoo problems anyone?

Started 1334373321.85 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1334441605.963 by Mochahoney
replies

I'm having 2 aggravating Yahoo problems at the moment and would appreciate some advice please.

I use the "notepad" folder to store information but now when I click to access it, I am automatically sent to the Yahoo sign-in page which then takes me to Yahoo's home page. when I sign in, I'm right back to the same place I started.

also, Yahoo messenger! how irritating. I'm constantly getting Yahoo messenger pop ups from people I don't know requesting that I add them to a list so we can "chat". I don't use or want messenger, and certainly don't want to chat with random strangers. I can't find a way to delete , turn off or remove messenger. any suggestions?

Linus: I love mankind! It's people I can't stand!

Page 1 of 1
RedConvert­ibleGirl1334373486.56713078 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

I have no idea how to get rid of those annoying pop ups for chat. I've got all my settings right to avoid that yet I keep getting them.{#emotions_dlg.angry}

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

knmt1334428611.62624 PostsRegistered 7/13/2010Chicago suburbs

On the Yahoo Messenger problem: I hide my profile. I never use yahoo messenger. Just go to your name at the top of the page, and click on profile and "hide" it. You'll probably have to reinsert your password for security first. But it works.

Mochahoney1334441605.9631950 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007Mississippi
On 4/14/2012 knmt said:

On the Yahoo Messenger problem: I hide my profile. I never use yahoo messenger. Just go to your name at the top of the page, and click on profile and "hide" it. You'll probably have to reinsert your password for security first. But it works.

I edited it to make everything private. I hope that puts an end to those annoying messenger pop ups.

the notepad problem was magically corrected this morning. maybe it was just a Yahoo glitch.

Linus: I love mankind! It's people I can't stand!

Page 1 of 1