Contributor

How do you care for your Isaac 24/7 TSV ankle pant?

I wear a large in D&C pants. I had not tried Isaac's 24/7 pant before this TSV. I went to the size chart and ordered according to measurement, erring on the large side because of so much spandex. Out of the package the pants seem to be a nice weight, crisp and very good fit. I like the fabric... can be dressy or casual as they said when they were selling them. However, the problem comes in with washing them. I washed them in lukewarm water and very low (almost air) setting on the dryer as the garment washing instructions said. Shawn and Isaac acting like they were just indestructable and hey, just throw them in the wash and dry them them, no problems, in spite of the instructions. I tried them on after they were washed and they are literally crop pants now, having shrunk in length at least 6 inches. There is so much spandex in them that they still fit other than being way shorter than they were before washing, but the fabric is now limp and frumpy looking as opposed to crisp when taking them out of the package. I do like how they wear, but gosh, if you can't wash the suckers, what do you do??? What are your thoughts on them, or do you have any care instructions that might help all of us that bought them. I do see on comments and threads that they are shrinking for people no matter what washing care is given. HELP !!! Thanks.

Not applicable

Re: How do you care for your Isaac 24/7 TSV ankle pant?

I would like to know also. I bought 6 pair.

Respected Contributor

you have described my experience with them to a T. I will never buy anything of his made of the 24/7 fabric again. This fabric does not look good after the first wash, and the length has been completely and permanently shortened significantly. Too bad as they look great out of the bag, and the fit before first wash was perfect. They also stretch out while wearing so much that they won't stay up.

Frequent Contributor

Ladies...

The directions on the inside label specifically says to Machine Wash COLD. I wash mine that way and hang to dry.

Perfect!

I find that these pants do not bag or sag during the day. I love them!

Respected Contributor

i own the 24/7 and absolutely love the fit. i'm a tall girl so at 5'11, i need talls, but they have been sold out for a while. i handwashed mine in the laundry tub after reading posts about shrinkage. then i put them in the dryer for about 15 min then shaped them and draped over a chair to finish drying. they were fine. minimal wrinkling, no shrinking. i know it's not thrown in washer/dryer but because of the fit on me, the little extra care is worth it.

Regular Contributor

GGboxers is correct, I wash mine in cold as well hand to dry. I am 5'3" on a good day and I got my wait list order release today on the gray color. I ordered size 20 and I got the regular length. I have several 24/7 pants- mostly in the full length, for work. I will see how these do. As a matter of fact I wash most of my clothes in clod - and try to avoid the dryer, or at least air dry till a final toss in to the machine.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/11/2015 GGBOXERS said:

Ladies...

The directions on the inside label specifically says to Machine Wash COLD. I wash mine that way and hang to dry.

Perfect!

I find that these pants do not bag or sag during the day. I love them!

I have a pair of 24/7 ankle pants (not the tsv) and wash them exactly like this. They come out great! I rarely put fabric with spandex in the dryer, no matter what the directions say - I find that heat slowly breaks down the fiber.

Respected Contributor

Directions say machine wash cold tumble dry low. Exactly what I did. Hanging to finish drying.

Contributor

I have 12 pairs of Isaacs 24/7 pants in all different cuts. I always wash in cold and delicate cycle. I hang dry. I do this with all his clothes including the cardigans. They come out perfect. If you stain them during wear then rub some spray and wash or any other brand and wash the same. Once again they come out perfect. The same with Isaacs ponte knit. Hope this helps.
Super Contributor

I am wondering on who his ankle pants are ankle. I saw them on Jayne Brown and they were definitely not ankle length, they looked like they were ankle pants that had shrunk in the wash.