Trusted Contributor
According to the program guide it's coming up. Anybody know what the TSV will be?
Contributor

I'm curious too?!

Honored Contributor

I rcvd my email this morning about the tsv. I'll say that Big Bonanza Silver certainly is not the way too fun 24hrs it used to be. I used to take this day off if it was on a week day and was glued to the tv watching and ordering a LOT of GREAT sterling silver jewelry. Some pieces I still have from years gone by.

So the tsv is an Ecclissi sterling chain watch with 3 other colors too, yellow black & pink dipped over silver. It's a mere $189.00. I don't know why they do this kind of thing, paint on a different color. We ALL complain about it - it rubs off and mostly in a very short period of time. What a WASTE of money. If I'm tricked into buying something like this and the color wears off, I throw it in the trash because I WILL NOT wear it anymore. I can certainly tell what used to be yellow, black or pink is no longer. Why do 'designers' do such a thing?

I also perused other offerings that were noted in my email. Stuff by 'designer' people who are on the q all the time. To me this equates to stuff marked down but still at HIGH prices, stuff I certainly don't buy when it's on any other time ie Ripka, Dawkins, Vincenza, Jai John Hardy, Or Paz, well you get the picture. Clearance prices to get the stuff out of the warehouses, very little new if any at all.

My bottom line, I continue to be disappointed in 24hr silver days like this one. AND let me say that I AM amazed this one starts at 11P the night prior to. This is much more like the 'designer silver sales' that they have here instead of the HUGE variety Bonanza Days that had no designer names attached that you pay for in today's shows.

Just give me beautiful NO-NAME JUST sterling silver jewelry that's fun to look at, more fun to buy because I can easily afford it and will cherish for 30-40 years from now and still love to wear.

I won't be buying anything because once again, priced out of the ballpark.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you pink dogwood for voicing my sentiments exactly. I clicked on my e-mail for the TSV and couldn't believe they had to have an expensive item to offer. Not everyone is able to afford paying this much for a watch, much less want to. I know they say that silver is up in price, but the other shopping channels offer reasonably priced silver jewelry.

Respected Contributor

You hit it on the head Pink Dogwood ! I don't watch BB day to buy designer "plated" jewelry. Leave designers for other days, bring back BB day like it used to be. I used to take the day off also and purchase many many things...

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Amen Amen Mss Annie & RedWings.

Super Contributor
On 2/25/2015 orphan annie325 said:

Thank you pink dogwood for voicing my sentiments exactly. I clicked on my e-mail for the TSV and couldn't believe they had to have an expensive item to offer. Not everyone is able to afford paying this much for a watch, much less want to. I know they say that silver is up in price, but the other shopping channels offer reasonably priced silver jewelry.

Indeed other shopping channels offer cheaper silver prices. Also if silver has gone up, just take your silver somewhere to try and sell it and see the wake up call you get{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor
Hi dogwood. I totally agree with you that what used to be a really fun shopping experience, has dismally tanked. But would you please consider donating instead of throwing away? The value isn't there, and we all know that, but if you make a mistake, as I have done myself, it can mean a lot to some who's down on his/her luck and has nothing. Just a thought- AND I too used to love the NO NAME heavy weight CLASSIC pieces, and have stopped buying ALL "designer" silver. "Designer" is now just a euphemism for "costs more than is realistic".
Valued Contributor

Big Bonanza Silver Day used to be my favorite day of the year on QVC. Now it is just another day I don't watch.

Trusted Contributor

Silver isn't up anymore. It's half the price it was when I sold some two years ago.