Occasional Contributor

Dr. Denese's products on oily skin

Wondering if anyone with oily skin is using Dr. Denese's products?

I am 60 years young but still have oily skin .

Respected Contributor

Re: Dr. Denese's products on oily skin

Hi carjam ~ don't know if this will help due to age difference or not, but wanted to try and give you some help. I have been buying this for my Daughter for several years, and she has oily skin. Dr. D is one of the few skincare products that does not irritate her oily skin.

HTH a little. She loves the Hydroshield. She just doesn't use hers up as fast as I do with my super dry skin. She is 32.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Contributor

For me, I think the Hydroshield is too much for my skin. I am 56 and had oily skin growing up. Now, it really isn't oily, but it doesn't dry out at all. I like the firming pads, but that is about all I can use. Hope that helps some!

Regular Contributor

Hello I use Hydroshield, and I am 53 and have oily skin. When I first purchased, it was in the winter, and even though I have oily skin, I had dry spots. I would advise two things, first a little goes a long way. 2nd, let it absorb into your skin if you are applying makeup or primer over. I don't find it greasy, I love the way my face appears and feels. I use every morning before primer and foundation, and if it is a day that I don't put on makeup I still wash my face and apply my hydroshield. I would never have believed that I would enjoy using and see the results of a moisturizer like I do this product. I even apply to my lips and around them at night. In the begging I thought well I wont need this in the summer but well I was wrong, I do use during the summer and I live in North East Texas which is very humid indeed. I would suggest this, I see that the Q has a beauty kit, I think it is called the Customer's favorite or something item # A 267266 cost $19 includes shipping-- It has a small bottle of hydroshield, purchase this and give it a try. Start in the morning only and maybe avoid your T zone. Let is absorb, and a little dab will do you, don't over apply , just a small amount. I bet you will become hooked and if not well you are only out $19 and you get some other beauty items to try as well. Good luck.

Oh, I didn't purchase this TSV, I am already on auto for the 4oz hydroshield. I missed this yesterday or I would have tried it, it was a great deal. I would like to try her other products -- but for now, I will say I love hydroshield, and I have oily skin for sure.

Regular Contributor

I apologize for my miss spelling of beginning and begging -- Darn you auto correct.

Regular Contributor

I have oily skin and purchased the TSV last year with the firming pads and the giant 4 oz. Hydroshield serum. I frequently skip using the pads, the menthol type smell bothers me a bit when I go to sleep, since the pads are to be used only at night, but they do tighten up my skin. The pores are not as noticeable and with oily skin this is usually an ongoing issue.

I use the Hydroshield serum instead of wearing foundation as odd as this sounds. Just some concealer and the Hydroshield since it does wonders for my face. It is kind of thick but it does absorb and my skin texture improves. It does not clog my pores or cause increased oiliness. Just moisturizes and even oily skin needs moisturizing. Looks good all day.

Super Contributor

I have combination skin in the winter, and use her firming pads and Hydroshield. When the weather warms up, I may not be able to use the Hydro, but the pads, I will use year round. My supersize order of the Hydro, is a lot more syrupy/drippy than my first bottle. I don't know if the formula has been changed, but it's a lot different in consistency. It does NOT make my skin oily.

I prefer Dr. Gross' pads, but Dr. D's run a very close second for exfoliation.

Super Contributor

i have a oily skin to and using firming pads.

Honored Contributor

My skin has gotten dry on my forehead in winter, but I used to be oily and still am in the summers. Dr Denese works for me. The Hydroshield can feel oily if you use too much because of the dimethicone. The first time I used it, I hated it. I tried again using much less and was much happier. Dream Cream moisturizer also works well for me - it's not too heavy, not too light.