Contributor

Am I in the minority-who doesn't like the high low trend in tops. I wouldn't mind them so much if they weren't so serve in the two lengths.

Was going to try the TSV- until I saw the difference between the front & back lengths of the tunic.

Can't decided which is worse shark bit hems or high/low hems. LOL

Honored Contributor

Well, they're OK. My favorite outfit in the Winter is a sweater or sweatshirt over a colored long sleeve (or white) blouse.

I pull out the cuffs and let the tail of the shirt hang out. I just like the look. i guess to some it looks sloppy, but I like it.

Honored Contributor

some are okay, others not so much. I don't like the really drastic ones and there are many.

Honored Contributor

Unless they make a petite option, they don't really work for me. Even then, it's sketchy, since I'm only 5' and petites are still often too long for me. I don't own any of these tops. I think some of them look really good, though. If I found one I thought was flattering, I would buy one.

Honored Contributor

Most of them I don't like.......SG had a 'new' shirt on today and I would have ordered it but then saw it was long in the back, to me, it just looks silly.

Contributor

I have a few of the shark bite tops, I like to wear Logo's long tanks under them and they don't look so overly short or long in any particular place. I am 5' 7", i could see it not looking so great on a shorter person.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/5/2015 pink dogwood said:

some are okay, others not so much. I don't like the really drastic ones and there are many.

Agree. I like them OK, but not if there's a drastic difference front to back.

Respected Contributor

I like them because they keep my legs looking long while still covering the back. I'm 5'5" and thin with long legs, so they are much more flattering on me than a traditional long shirt or tunic, which tend to make me look like a tent with legs. I especially like the One World styles where they are a little fitted under the bust and not too baggy, so it gives you a nice shape.

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

I like them - but fussy about just how they are cut. I haven't seen many on QVC lately that I'd buy.

I ordered some from elsewhere that has just the right shape for me - in a woven rayon fabric so they drape just right.

Super Contributor

I totally agree. Hi-Lo hems are ugly and look like a major pattern cutting/sewing mistake. I especially don't like them on skirts or dresses. Most dresses are so drastically different lengths in front and back, that you can see the back inside fabric and hem through your legs from the front and that's not attractive to me. Make up your mind...do you want a short skirt or a long one, not half-n-half. On shirts or sweaters, it seems like the front hem is way too short and the back is normal, creating a big-belly look. Can't decide if the tops look like you're wearing 3 sizes too small, or you had a major washing shrinkage error...either way it looks like a mistake.

Don't even get me started on the shark-bite look --on anyone's shape!! Who's design nightmare of broadening hips with drooping points, would be appealing?

I really scratch my head over many designers these days. It's almost like they are so desperately trying to come up with new looks to keep us all buying, so they stay current, that they've lost the basic styles we want. I for one, want basic tees, tunics, sweaters, pants and skirts that are normal colors, lengths, no bling, weird hems, keyholes, shirring, batwings, or dish-sizes flowers!