Occasional Contributor
I was tracking my HP TSV and see its status is being shipped internationally from Shanghai. I didn't realize it was coming from outside the US. Anyone else's also coming from there?
Honored Contributor

They're all from China. I have ordered laptops from Toshiba and they came from China. I've also ordered a laptop from Sony and it came from China. The ones in the stores came from China.

It saves them a serious lot of money to just have them drop-shipped, instead of having the whole load of them shipped to QVC and then dispersed out.

I guess the bummer about that is that the savings are not passed on to the customer, who overpays for these computers from shopping networks. Best to just get it from the manufacturer or another retailer. Plus, you'll get it a lot faster.

The Toshiba I ordered for my husband last year went from Qingqing China and we received it in two days even with it going all the way from there to Nashville first (the hub for FedEx maybe?) and back here to our west coast adjacent location (free shipping). But it will take a lot longer, ordering from QVC so patience will be needed. Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor
Thanks for your response. I was just curious because I never received anything from outside the U.S., that I know of, from QVC. As long as it gets here in one piece and functioning, I don't care! I do wish it wasn't taking so long though!
Honored Contributor

Laptops are packed very well. It should be in form-fitted, thick styrofoam, inside of the actual laptop box which should be packed into a shipping box with packing materials to keep it from moving around in the shipping box.

It's just that QVC's processing time is generally kind of long, which is a drag for sure. Rule of thumb - if in a hurry I never order something from QVC. Smiley Happy