Honored Contributor

I saw these on HSN and they look very nice. She gives you 2 for about $40. My question is do these offer any tarnish protection? I have to be honest, I only watched half the presentation, I don't think I heard any mention about it. This is a deal breaker for me because I'm not going to polish my silver jewelry!

Honored Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano Jewel Kit TS

There are several other threads on this, and they all say that this TS does not offer tarnish protection. One person called CS and asked since she didn't hear it mentioned in the presentation.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 NickNack said:

There are several other threads on this, and they all say that this TS does not offer tarnish protection. One person called CS and asked since she didn't hear it mentioned in the presentation.

Thank you for your reply. I'm going to pass on this. I wonder why she wouldn't make it with the tarnish protection built in?

Honored Contributor

I don't know. I think it's really strange that they don't have tarnish protection, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I bought a JM jewelry case that she claimed was "tarnish protected for 75 years". So I dutifully polished all of my silver jewelry, then put them in my new jewelry case. 3 months later they were all tarnished! It had been stored in my closet, never opened. And, of course, too late to send the case back.

However, this JM Today's Special looks like a much better deal than the cheaply made, outrageously over priced jewelry cases that Colleen Lopez offers. JMO.

Honored Contributor

Jewelry doesn't tarnish in Colleen's jewelry boxes.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

On 1/25/2015 Kachina624 said: Jewelry doesn't tarnish in Colleen's jewelry boxes.

That's good to hear. I bought one of her jewelry boxes when they first were offered, and it was made out of very flimsy cardboard and the clear plastic on the lid was like plastic wrap. My shoeboxes were made of better quality cardboard. I was soooooo disappointed as I expected better quality from Colleen. Maybe the quality has improved over the years.

BTW, I really like her as a host.

Honored Contributor

you can easily buy inexpensive anti-tarnish strips to put inside. i use mine for costume jewelry, silver, gold, and mixed metals. nothing has tarnished. she probably didnt use a tarnish resistant material because it would increase the cost AND these can be used for so many other things. they are definitely worth it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2015 DeltaOne said:
On 1/25/2015 Kachina624 said: Jewelry doesn't tarnish in Colleen's jewelry boxes.

That's good to hear. I bought one of her jewelry boxes when they first were offered, and it was made out of very flimsy cardboard and the clear plastic on the lid was like plastic wrap. My shoeboxes were made of better quality cardboard. I was soooooo disappointed as I expected better quality from Colleen. Maybe the quality has improved over the years.

BTW, I really like her as a host.

Colleen's boxes have a protective film like Saran Wrap on a hard clear plastic window. You're supposed to remove that so you can view the contents.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have VERY GOOD Sterling jewelry that tarnishes and cheap Sterling that NEVER tarnishes. My International Sterling Silver flatware sometimes tarnishes and my silverplate flatware tarnishes less. STERLING SILVER IS STERLING SILVER.