Not applicable

I would like to get these for a very wet area in my yard, that also doesn't get a lot of sun. Would they grow under such conditions?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

I don't think they would do well in the area you mentioned. I assume you are referring to the TSV ice plants. They prefer full sun and are succulents which usually are best in dry areas.

Esteemed Contributor

Or, if you could find a sunnier spot and you really want it, maybe in a container. They do like dry conditions, once established, but in a pot would need a bit more regular attention, as all things done that way.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

We bought these last year. There are some in pots, some out in the open 'full sun' and some that are a bit shaded. Most of them didn't 'take'. I did write to complain and the ones that were DOA (really DOA, sent pics of them in my email) were replaced. They were planted and, again, just didn't take. We do have two that have flourished but they're all green, the succulent part - no flowers whatsoever. Looks weird beneath our palms like that. We're hoping maybe this summer they'll come around and bloom like they were advertised to do.

We'll see. I hope everyone has good luck with theirs!