Contributor

Is the only difference in the Emjoi TSV from last year's the shape? Thank you!

I love the one I got last year but this shape does look more user-friendly.

I appreciate any insight.

Super Contributor

Re: Is the only difference in the Emjoi TSV from last year's the shape? Thank you!

I just looked back and saw I bought my Emjoi on May 31st. Now they are telling me this TSV is better and more advanced.

Do you think it is really better and less painful? Is it worth another investment? I would love to try it but I have been happy with the one I have. Just writing this post has helped me decide not to buy it. I am sticking with the one I have had since May.

Who knows, six months from now they will have a new improved one so I am passing on this.

Respected Contributor

Re: Is the only difference in the Emjoi TSV from last year's the shape? Thank you!

LOL, I'm not sure it is any different than the one from last year other than the handle, but I don't like the real small size as much as I thought I would. The case was nicer last year. I may use the small one for my face and order this for my legs.

Bookbabe if it still hurts maybe you need to use it more? I haven't thought they hurt for years, maybe you just have to build a tolerance for them. I actually liked the coil ones better but they are harder to find these days.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

I have an Enjoi Silken model that I bought years ago. Mine does not have to be plugged in to use which is more convenient for me. However, I am finding that it does not hold its charge for long anymore. I only use it on my chin, and t does a good job, but I do need to use it daily. This model seems quite expensive for what I use my Emjoi for. Does anyone have an Emjoi model that does not have to be plugged in?
Respected Contributor

On 12/19/2014 MFitz said: I have an Enjoi Silken model that I bought years ago. Mine does not have to be plugged in to use which is more convenient for me. However, I am finding that it does not hold its charge for long anymore. I only use it on my chin, and t does a good job, but I do need to use it daily. This model seems quite expensive for what I use my Emjoi for. Does anyone have an Emjoi model that does not have to be plugged in?

That's the downside to rechargeables. I had one and it seemed like every time I was going to use it the battery was dead or low. I opted for power over convenience.

You could just replace it with the same model. Amazon seems to have most of the models.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

In the last year the number of my chin hairs has increased as my ability to see well enough to pluck them has decreased.

Will using the Emjoi on my chin cause new hairs to grow where there are none at the present time?

Occasional Contributor

I am holding out for the new model on the Emjoi website. It is a facial epi and pedi combined.
Honored Contributor

It does say that it is updated, not just the handle. It has some mechanism that helps keep the skin taut and has the dual opposite rotating blades (not sure if the last one had this or not) to get all hairs that grow in every direction so you should have less passes. This one is suppose to be less irritating.

Contributor

I emailed them about this and they said:

"Good Morning,
In terms of power and tweezing ability, there is no difference. The eRase Pro 60 is a different design with a longer handle as opposed to the eRase 60 which is more compact. Both would meet each individual's preference.

Thank you.

Emjoi Customer Service"

Trusted Contributor

I just purchased a small model from Emjoi's web site for my upper lip. They get back to you quickly if you have a question as to which one of their models will suit your needs the best.