Frequent Contributor

K-Cups: are there any that are Sugqr Free?

As in the hot cider, cocoa? I am not a coffee drinker and have an allergy to sugar.
Frequent Contributor

Re: K-Cups: are there any that are Sugqr Free?

I meant sugar free
Valued Contributor

On their FB page, someone asked that question. The Keurig answer was to read the individual product labels. The only info on a hot chocolate pack was natural and artificial sweetners may be in the k-cup. Not much help.

Respected Contributor

ITA. We purchased a Keurig last year because we have so many out of town overnighters and it helps so much with pleasing everyone. But none of the cider or hot chocolate cups are sugar free, and I'm a Type 2 Diabetic who isn't a big coffee drinker.

I would love to have some that were right for me. So I hope someone is listening to this request. I think there are a lot of people out there who would like the same thing.

Honored Contributor

I don't know of any, but you can buy hot coco powder and run your Keurig without a K-cup to make hot chocolate. It's cheaper and better quality than the hot chococlate K-cups I've used, which I've not been very impressed by for the most part.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all, for your feedback. Maybe with some more time and further inquiries, they will listen to those of us that do not consume sugar or caffiene. I like the convenience of it. The fact I can put my own powder in helps. Is this the same for tea? Can I put my own choices in? Thanks again!
Valued Contributor

I truly feel that an electric kettle will give you a better cup of tea than a Keurig can. Leaf teas need boiling water, which a Keurig doesn't provide.

Honored Contributor

You have to read VERY CAREFULLY on the ingredients. Yes, there are a number that are sweetened with artificial sweeteners--especially the iced coffee ones. So be careful if you do not use them.

Honored Contributor

On 12/10/2014 radiancegrace said: Thank you all, for your feedback. Maybe with some more time and further inquiries, they will listen to those of us that do not consume sugar or caffiene. I like the convenience of it. The fact I can put my own powder in helps. Is this the same for tea? Can I put my own choices in? Thanks again!

Yes, I do it all the time. A Keurig is just a water heater than forces water through whatever you have in the bin. If you leave the bin empty, it just shoots the hot water out, so you can put a mug with a teabag in it under the spout and get tea.

I drink way more iced tea than water, so I usually stuff two tea bags into the bin and then brew over a big plastic cup full of ice for instant iced tea. I've done it with Republic of Tea, Celestial Seasonings, Lipton green teas, and many other brands, so the bag shape makes no difference. You can do one bag and use less ice, but I want a big cup of stronger tea and find two bags works well.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you, ChynnaBlue and everyone who continues to share feedback. Very helpful for me in making the investment