Contributor

HP TSV - Anyone Receive this yet?

My tracking info says the computer is currently in FedEx Shanghai - ordered it 8 days ago. Disappointed in the delivery time !

Valued Contributor

Re: HP TSV - Anyone Receive this yet?

i

Honored Contributor

From what I've read on the boards, it comes quick once it actually ships.
Super Contributor

On 12/9/2014 graycatsrule said: From what I've read on the boards, it comes quick once it actually ships.

This is true. Once it leaves Shanghai, it should arrive quickly. I got mine last Monday (the 8th). I think they were made to order, so they built it after they received your order and then shipped directly from the factory in China.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Contributor

Received mine yesterday, 12/9. Estimated delivery was the 16th. I would not be disappointed in the delivery time.
Super Contributor

Got it yesterday. Actually they attempted delivery Monday, but I wasnt home to sign for it. I hate Windows 8 so far.
New Contributor

At least you got yours. QVC canceled my order after they told me that my order had processed and was in the process of shipping.
New Contributor

What a nightmare this hp pavilion windows 8 is!!! I spent over 4 hours on the phone after the first day - not able to connect to internet. I had to dump everything I had spent loading return it to the factory seetings and then reload. The pc support number listed was USELESS! I ended calling hp support direct, could not understand their accent, but THAT problem got fixed after over 4 hours. NOW, my issue is the screen - EVERY page that loads is teeny tiny and I have to touchscreen to enlarge it - CONSTANTLY! Everytime I want a new screen. Then it jumps to HUGE size. Anyone else have this issue? I would like to disable the touchscreen, with the hopes that my screen size will be normal. Is this possible?

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/29/2014 kimkit said:

What a nightmare this hp pavilion windows 8 is!!! I spent over 4 hours on the phone after the first day - not able to connect to internet. I had to dump everything I had spent loading return it to the factory seetings and then reload. The pc support number listed was USELESS! I ended calling hp support direct, could not understand their accent, but THAT problem got fixed after over 4 hours. NOW, my issue is the screen - EVERY page that loads is teeny tiny and I have to touchscreen to enlarge it - CONSTANTLY! Everytime I want a new screen. Then it jumps to HUGE size. Anyone else have this issue? I would like to disable the touchscreen, with the hopes that my screen size will be normal. Is this possible?

Not to mention that everyone that brought a computer with 8 will have to update to windows 8.1 by 2015 windows will not support the applications anymore. They should not even sell computers with 8 for that reason. I have windows 8.1 but, I have a Toshiba computer and tablet. no problems at all and great customer service. If you do not like the touch screen I have heard some people go back to windows 7 how they do this I do not know. My technician in my office told us this about the windows 8 situation. I am sure your computer came with a help and support application perhaps that might help? Good luck I know this program well so it does not bother me but, I know how it bothers other people.