Respected Contributor

Just ordered the Bare Minerals TSV!!

So excited about this. This will be my first purchase of BE. Anyone care to give me their opinions, I would greatly appreciate. This is also my first purchase with loose powder so I need some tips! TIA
Regular Contributor

Re: Just ordered the Bare Minerals TSV!!

wvumountiefan: I haven't seen this particular TSV yet but I've had tons of BE TSV's in the past. Since you've never used any powdered mineral makeup the very best advice I can give you is to start with WAY less than you think you'll need. And then use even less than that! It doesn't take very much mineral makeup at all cuz it's very pigmented. I LOVE BE--have fun!

Super Contributor

I ordered this early. I have to say that I am really happy with the whole kit! Suggestion.. Do NOT pull the sticker off of the top of the sifter of the eye shadows when you open them! Just take a paper clip and poke 2 holes through. If you pull the sticker off, it can be messy.

It takes very little of the loose minerals to get color payoff. Just tap a tiny sprinkle of minerals out into the lid of the jar. Touch your brush into the minerals and tap the tip of the brush into the jar lid. You need to tap the brush so you don't have too much on the brush and get fallout on your face. Watch or tape one of the presentations. I'm sure Jessica will show the method. If you would like to see pictures of future shipments, go to the bareminerals forum. Near the end of the Chandlelight glow TSV thread someone shared photos of future shipments. One has a brush roll, another has a large storage bag. New colors and brushes each time!

Respected Contributor

Norskygal and Karin, thank you both so much for your advice and tips. I am really excited to try this. This is why I love these forums! We can get the best tips and advice from community friends! Thank you!!
Esteemed Contributor

Have tons of loose from years ago, shadows & minerals. IT'S MESSY!

Respected Contributor

I'm tempted by this TSV. Does BE still make people i*t*c*h from the bismuth or did they take that ingredient out? I have sensitive skin.

Frequent Contributor

Bare Minerals loose eye shadows are by far superior to the Ready compact ones (IMO). They literally will last you forever. YOu can even mix them to create your own colors and They blend perfectly.

I love stoping by my BE store at the mall to get tips and tricks on how to apply certain shadows/ blush. They usually use very little and you can always add more.

The two eye shadows in the kit are beautiful. I would layer the brown one on your crease and lid and then pop the white one in the center of your lid. It makes your eyes look wider and brighter. Or you can use the white one on your lid and the brown one in your crease for a more daytime look. I may even try mixing a little of the white with the brown to create a different shade altogether and use that as a lid color.

Just make sure to store your eye shadow pots upright so they don't leak any eye shadow out or so it stays in the bottom part of the pot under the sifter. The only downside to using loose is that it can be messy to travel with.

Happy Thanksgiving

Valued Contributor

SmileJenag88- thank you for the tips. I am always so scared to wear much shadow on my eyes because I feel like it won't look professional enough. These colors however; are simply gorgeous. They look easy to blend. That makes all the difference. If your colors aren't blended well, it looks messy-not right...

I appreciate the help. I have been using the BM lip gloss, and I love it. This TSV is an incredible deal. I'm so excited to receive it!

Honored Contributor

On 11/22/2014 karin334 said:I ordered this early. I have to say that I am really happy with the whole kit! Suggestion.. Do NOT pull the sticker off of the top of the sifter of the eye shadows when you open them! Just take a paper clip and poke 2 holes through. If you pull the sticker off, it can be messy.

It takes very little of the loose minerals to get color payoff. Just tap a tiny sprinkle of minerals out into the lid of the jar. Touch your brush into the minerals and tap the tip of the brush into the jar lid. You need to tap the brush so you don't have too much on the brush and get fallout on your face. Watch or tape one of the presentations. I'm sure Jessica will show the method. If you would like to see pictures of future shipments, go to the bareminerals forum. Near the end of the Chandlelight glow TSV thread someone shared photos of future shipments. One has a brush roll, another has a large storage bag. New colors and brushes each time!

Thanks for the tip about the eye shadow. I was thisclose to not ordering this , and then I caved! I shouldn't have watched the presentation!