Occasional Contributor

I just heard the vendor mention that the K-cups can brew up to 30oz. Does that mean I can use the same Kcup for more than one cup of coffee? Has anyone ever tried to make more than one cup of coffee per pod?? Interested to hear what others do.

Trusted Contributor
The new 2.0 has a carafe sized pod that can make 30oz or it will also take the individual pods. I actually use a gigantic coffee mug and brew two cups from one pod.
Occasional Contributor

If you go to youtube, there is a video on how to hack the 2.0 Keurig with just a small magnet so that the senor will read your own k-cup filter. There is also a video on how to refill k-cups using insert caps to used cleaned k-cups. I was not going to buy the Keurig 2.0 because the sensor only reads new k-cups. This way I can enjoy k-cups on special occasions, and be more frugal and use my own coffee at other times.

Trusted Contributor

My uncle sometimes brews two cups from the same pod but I don't like weak coffee and find it too weak for me. I have the Platinum brewer (with 5 cup sizes) and always use the next to the largest size for my dark roast, bold pods. DH uses that size and then runs it again with the smallest size.

Note that if you want a carafe of coffee using 2.0 they sell a pod that is meant for that, with more coffee in it, supposedly Smiley Wink I don't think they intended for us to use the same pods for cups and carafes.

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

KJPA
Respected Contributor

I like strong coffee also. I saw that they have 2 travel mug size vue cups that will go in the 2.0 and it says eventually they will all be compatable.

I know when the keurigs first came out and there was no extra bold coffees, users were suggesting to get the grounds wet with a small brew and then do the larger and you supposedly had stronger coffee.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

That was the carafe sized pod they were talking about- as others mentioned. But with the regular k cup I make a large mug (at least 12 oz) of coffee. It's plenty strong too! I buy the bolder roast coffees though.

Respected Contributor
On 11/18/2014 ibb38 said:

That was the carafe sized pod they were talking about- as others mentioned. But with the regular k cup I make a large mug (at least 12 oz) of coffee. It's plenty strong too! I buy the bolder roast coffees though.

This varies, but it's what I've found for coffees I've looked at. I prefer dark roasts and extra bold myself.

The carafe pods are around .89 oz (makes anywhere from 1-6 cups)

The travel mug vue cups were around .48 oz (not sure how much it's supposed to make)

Kcups are anywhere from .31 oz to .47 oz.

The flavored are in the low .30's oz

Regulars are in the mid 30's oz

Extra bolds are anywhere in the .40's oz

Barista Prima coffee house Italian is the highest I've seen at .47 oz. This one would make a good travel mug size. I use that for 10oz cups

I've got some Caribou Reindeer that says dark and extra bold and it's only .40 oz I use that for 8 oz cups.

Cafe express is instant coffee so the weight is usually irrelevant to me anyway, but the one I have is .49 oz. They make 8 oz cup of coffee.

LOL, I may drink too much coffee.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*