Honored Contributor

Have you tried out your TSV windshield covers yet?

I was just wondering with the bad weather on the move, have any of you tried out the TSV windshield covers yet? I would love to know if they work!

THANKS!

Contributor

Re: Have you tried out your TSV windshield covers yet?

Yes, we have! We live in MN. The arctic blast proved too much for the windshield cover. The snow got under the cover as the weather whipped around. Yes, we put the cover on correctly.

We purchased 3. They are all going back!

Bummer.....the concept was really good! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

I'm in the mid-Atlantic area and used mine several times last year. I never had a problem with anything getting underneath it. Mine worked exactly as advertised last year. Haven't had a chance to try the new one yet this year (thankfully!). I got a new one because of the new design. Hope it works a well as the one I already have.

Honored Contributor

I thought about getting this for my husband, as his vehicle is out in the weather, but I read so many bad reviews about it before it was even the TSV that I decided against it.

I truly hope those who purchased it in good faith have a good experience. But it just seemed like it was not going to be all it was cracked up to be.

Honored Contributor

I ordered two and am starting to get cold feel a bout them because we always have wind here. I'm afraid the sleet will get behind it and stick it to the windshield.

Honored Contributor

I hope a few people will try it soon and report back!

Super Contributor

Not yet, in the northeast. I hope I don't have to try it out at all lol I know it's not likely but a girl can dream
Honored Contributor

Got mine last week and have used it twice now. I'm in WA state and altho we won't be getting the winter blast the rest of the country is, it's been freezing at night and so far so good. No wind during the night so it stayed in place and fit my small suv just fine.

Respected Contributor

I can see how there might be a problem in the wind, but for regular, run-of-the-mill snowstorms, I think it would work very well. Mine was on waitlist and is processing now, so I'm going to give it a shot. We're not as windy in the northeast as our midwestern neighbors, so it may be a good idea in this part of the country.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

I didn't watch much of the TSV presentation but I bought 4 to use as gifts. I thought it was a great idea for FROST because I know I always hated to scrape frost off the windshield. Especially since I'm short and could never really reach the whole windshield.

So my expectation is that it will keep the frost off the windshield. Did they really tell people that it would prevent large amounts of snow from building up or make it easy to remove large amounts of snow? If I got a deep snow I would use my car brush to remove the snow and then remove the Frost Guard. I would hope the windshield would be fairly clean under it at that point. I would not expect to be able to undo the thing and pull it off with a ton of snow on it.

Perhaps some people have too high an expectation and these things actually work as intended but don't work well in more extreme conditions?

KJPA