Trusted Contributor

Curious to know if the quality of this throw is really superior to what you find in dept stores? TIA

Super Contributor

wondering the same thing. years ago, when DB started to offer the throws I got two,,a mink with the brocade backing, and a grey one. they've been wonder, heavy, well constructed and have held up. Recently have started using a white one (from years ago) and the lining is ripping all over the place. Had also given one to my son years ago, and he'd said the same thing had happened with their lining. So,,,,like the looks of this TSV but am not sure how it'd hold up. thinking it'll be a small fortune to have the lining on my white one replaced. good luck to those who get this TSV,,,I really hope they're made well.

Trusted Contributor

It is faux fur on both sides so I'd think it would hold up but hard to say. I've seen faux fur throws that feel really nice in stores but for less so for me it is the quality and feel of the material. Hopefully someone that preordered will reply...there are some posted reviews that are very good. I rather just get the throw and skip the teddy because it isn't kid approved.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased one a few years ago and it is still beautiful. Even with two dogs, a cat, and a dh that doesn't take very good care of things. The backing is kind of a micro fleecy type fabric. Washes beautifully. If I didn't have so many throws, I would buy the TS.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor
I got a throw that looks very similar it is super soft, a good weight and warm! I got another faux fur throw at Marshall's, the nicest one they had. The Marshall's one is longer which is the only plus it has over the basso. I've washed the Basso throw several times since I got it a couple months ago. I have younger kids and they like to sleep with it, there was an "accident" one night. One of the kids had it wrapped around his lap and legs at the table and spilled food all over it etc...... So it's not handled gently by any means lol It still looks brand new. Granted it's only been a couple months. I wash it on cold, no softener.
Honored Contributor

I have no interest in his stuff.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I have these throws and bears. This was my first Dennis Basso purchase (I never really considered myself a "fake-fur throw on the couch type person"). I LOVE THEM. I definitely recommend them, if you're even half-way interested.

I can't speak to the quality vs a department store throw since I've never purchased a dept. store throw, but the quality on these is fantastic. The fur is so very soft, sewing is impeccable, and overall it's just superior--I wish QVC would sell more goods with this top-notch quality. Best of all, everything is washable!

I first ordered two sets: mink and pony, and when I received them I was so impressed that I went back and ordered the alabaster and two sets of the throw pillows as well! The bears are large and so well made (they remind me of the Gund bears I have from years ago) that I ended up keeping them, too! Best of all, everything is washable! (I wouldn't have purchased otherwise, since I have a cat and old dog that I knew would be on them immediately.) I already have washed one throw, and it really does come out perfectly (cold water, no heat w tennis balls in dryer).

I'm so glad that I was able to order these early since they already appear to be so popular. I would never have been able to make up my mind about which ones to get if I had only one day to decide!

Super Contributor
I can't compare to a department store but I preordered and am very pleased. The quality is excellent, it is super soft and it is heavy so I think it will be warm. I have another DB throw from an OTO during a YHWJ show and this is a better than that one by far. The bear is actually adorable and is good sized. I haven't washed it yet but I've washed the other one and it came out great. I ordered two more today, that is how much I like it. My only issue is that the S/H was reduced for the preorder and raised back up for the TSV. Most other TSVs have kept the preorder reduced shipping price so I don't think that is the coolest move by QVC but I really love the throws so will bite the bullet. Hope at helps anyone on the fence. Oh and I bought the alabaster -- a bit darker than on the TV screen but really gorgeous!
Valued Contributor

I can't decide which one to get! They are all so pretty!! Smiley Happy And I don't even need another throw....but I want the bear too! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

tough kitty: Of the ones I have, the brown mink is the most subtle and it coordinates with the other two patterns I picked. It reverses to black (the reverse side is a shorter nap fur, sort of like velvet). The alabaster has creams and taupes and reverses to a similar cream/taupe solid. The pony is warm tan shades and reverses to a beautiful British tan solid. They all have a different texture, but are equally soft and luxurious. And the bears are just as luscious!

It is a tough decision! But I don't think you'd be disappointed with any that you chose.