Regular Contributor

Will there be a Christmas tree special value ? Or what is the best tree?

Costcos tree this year looks awful it's all plastic needles so I need to find a better looking tree somewhere for a reasonable price 6 foot
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will there be a Christmas tree special value ? Or what is the best tree?

Funny you should ask! I used to sell these things for a living (live, fresh cut, and "artificial"). I have come to the conclusion that artificial is the easiest. I now have a very clearly fake tree, from QVC (it's a Vickerman 5' pencil tree in white). I like it. The trees out the back door are many times better, but I can't see bringing them in the house.

If you are going fake, be real about being fake! Accept the shift in ideology, if you have always had a "live" tree. Trust me, I dealt with many families that had a problem with this. I have to use a phrase from the slang lexicon: "it is what it is". What's important is the symbol.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will there be a Christmas tree special value ? Or what is the best tree?

If you are going to have an artificial tree then a TSV or OTO is your best deal. I have been on the search for a white tree (not flocked) w/multi lights (if possible) and also 5-5 1/2' trees since we have puppies and everything needs to be ""UP"".

You just missed a good OTO price on a tree last night. I purchased a 5' in Christmas in July. It will do the job but I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed in the branches and needles. It was not a ""bargain"" price but I think those prices are GONE no matter where you shop. It will do the job and I do like the light selection and colors.

I can't see how they could not have another tree as a TSV before Christmas but it would have to be before Thanksgiving. I thought they said in July that they would not have another tree TSV for the rest of the year. The program guide does not list any. I would also watch HSN because they are heavy into Christmas. I'm hoping that I will get some years of use from the two that I purchased otherwise I would have bought the white one at KMart.

For a decent priced tree don't forget to check Valerie Parr Hill. She had a few that others seem to really like. Not sure about the inventory but the ratings were good.

I check all the ratings and reviews on a tree brand before I purchase to get an idea as to the quality of the brand. There's no guarantee but I just want a guide as to what brand/s to not purchase. I have quite a few Bethlehem Lights trees and one Santa's Best and more than a few of other brands that I never knew. The Santa's Best is my new purchase for this year. Crossing my fingers that it will be worth the easy pays.

Hope this helps you with your selection.