New Contributor

Vitamix G7500 vs. today's TSV Professional series

I just bought the 7500 model on Friday after reading good reviews for it and because it would fit under the counter. It was $529 and also came with recipes and travel mugs. I don't really need the add-ons, but just buying the machine wasn't an option on the QVC site. I see today's TSV is a great price, but it's the Professional series. I'm trying to figure out the difference between this and the 7500 G-series to determine if I should return the 7500 and get this one. It doesn't look like that one fits under the counter. If it's more powerful than the 7500, I'd love to get this one instead. Based on the reviews, they're not all the same; a common theme was that the 7500 was improved and more powerful than the 5200. Anyone know if the Pro aeries is an upgrade from the 7500?
Respected Contributor

Re: Vitamix G7500 vs. today's TSV Professional series

You have the best one. I'd keep it.

Frequent Contributor

Actually, Today's Special Value is identical to the 5200, with two exceptions... the model name on the front of the machine and the cookbooks that come with it. There is no physical difference.

Don't take my word for it, go to Vitamix.com and check out the specifications for this machine, the CIA Professional Series, and compare those specifications to those of the 5200. You will find they are identical. It's the same machine, just a different package, e.g., the cookbooks and the dvd are different, as is the model name.

You will also notice that the TSV, like the 5200, is part of the "C" or Classic Series. The 7500 is part of the "G" or Next Generation Series, with the improved motor and the 64 oz. wide bottom container with the 4 inch blade.

The machine you have right now, the 7500, is the superior machine.

New Contributor

I purchased the Vitamix Professional Series 750 from Williams Sonoma a couple of months ago. That baby was $700.00! The difference from what I have and the one they are showing on QVC is that the 750 has a 64 oz container that is fatter or more squat (for lack of a better word). The one they are showing now has a slimmer but taller container. I don't know about the motor. Maybe the one I have is more powerfull -- but you know, with the Vitamix, you really cannot go wrong with whatever model you buy. It's like what do I get...the Mercedes Benz or the Rolls Royce? It is such a spectacular piece of equipment! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! I can't wait to use it for the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day stuff!!! Bring it on!!

New Contributor

Wow! Thanks so much for the replies. I'm new to Vitamix, so it's overwhelming. I'm excited to see what all I can make with it. Thanks for your help, looks like I'll keep my 7500. Y'all have a great week!
Frequent Contributor

On 10/26/2014 OnTheBeach247 said:

I purchased the Vitamix Professional Series 750 from Williams Sonoma a couple of months ago. That baby was $700.00! The difference from what I have and the one they are showing on QVC is that the 750 has a 64 oz container that is fatter or more squat (for lack of a better word). The one they are showing now has a slimmer but taller container. I don't know about the motor. Maybe the one I have is more powerfull -- but you know, with the Vitamix, you really cannot go wrong with whatever model you buy. It's like what do I get...the Mercedes Benz or the Rolls Royce? It is such a spectacular piece of equipment! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! I can't wait to use it for the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day stuff!!! Bring it on!!

I also have the Pro 750, it's a G Series machine as is the 7500. The Pro 750 has 5 presets in addition to the variable speed control, the 64 oz. low profile container with the 4 inch blade, and the newer G Series motor. In short, it's nothing like the machine that was shown today.

Williams-Sonoma has a special going on right now where you can purchase an additional container, such as the 32 oz. wet blade or the 32 oz. dry blade containers, for $50 when you purchase a Pro 750. As you bought yours within the past couple of months, they may likely extend that same offer to you if you ask the store manager. I know a couple of people who have done this.