Super Contributor

Question about PVC toxic fumes on TSV.

I've noticed they are stressing not to use this frost cover during hot weather. So I got curious regarding why the warning. I think it's even written under the product description. PVC is the plastic liner…right? So if you put it in your car (and not in the trunk or in the back of a truck, but throw it in the backseat)…what happens with the car heated? Will the heated car cause the PVC to give out fumes?

Anyone know?

Super Contributor

Re: Question about PVC toxic fumes on TSV.

More info:

Q: Can the FrostGuard be used as a sunshield?
A:
The FrostGuard is designed to help block frost, snow and ice in cold weather. It should not be used as a sunshade or in extremely hot weather.

Today's Special ValueV33264

Super Contributor

Yikes! I guess it's not a good idea to use as a sun shield and then throw it in the backseat of your car.

Read this excerpt (remainder at link):

It's one of the most hazardous consumer products ever created. It’s dangerous to human health and the environment at every stage of its lifecycle: from production, to use, to disposal, yet it’s the most widely used material on earth. Beware of PVC, the Poison Plastic.

http://www.consumer.org.my/index.php/products/106-household/206-pvc-plastic-products-outgas-poisons

Maybe they use another type PVC??

I wonder how we can check.

Respected Contributor

During the warm weather, just put the frost guard in an air conditioned room 24/7. Consider the electric bill when purchasing this product. Unwritten costs involved.

This product is a dud.

Super Contributor

What does Dr Mercola say about it?

Super Contributor

On 10/25/2014 Clover29 said:

What does Dr Mercola say about it?