Contributor

Has anyone bought the previous model?

I always am leery of qvc presentations for what they don't say as much as they do. There is no product # on the website. As others pointed out, this item was supposedly popular and sold repeatedly by QVC but those listings (and reviews) are gone. I realize that quantity and configuration may have sold out, but it then doesnt let you read reviews. IF this is the 'lowest' price ever, is it an older model that they're trying to liquidate? (Yes, thats cynical but qvc has a long process of partnering with vendors to do that). I also went onto the Bose website and this model doesnt seem to be sold there anymore; they now have a larger Bose 15 model for larger TVs at 449...

Ive now read various reviews of the unit and most were somewhat negative of the sound quality. A 2012 review from CNET gave it 3.5 out of 5 stars which sounds like a C+ to me.

The plusses are easy of set up and sleek look - 2 things which really appeal to many of the non tech savvy viewers that QVC targets with these presentations. But all the sound reviews Ive read have been critical. No subwoofer and no comparison to other brand's sound bars, often same or lower price. Bose is like Apple where they charge higher prices for the brand. Will this make your TV sound better? For almost everyone, yes. Is it the best product out there? No. If you don't know better, you'll probably be happy with it. Also realize this is amplifying your volume but IT IS NOT SURROUND SOUND..

Not sure whether to try. I don't like QVC hosts constantly saying you have no risk and you can return it blah blah. Yes you can return it, but they fail to tell you that QVC will charge you for that privilege. Yep, no restocking fee - just a shipping fee. I had written an email to the QVC CEO months ago when had a similar situation and customer service refused to pay for return shipping and honor that 'no risk, nothing to lose' promise the hosts make. I eventually got my money back on principle but I see they havent instructed the hosts to change their rhetoric.

Valued Contributor

From all that you are saying..What's the QUESTION???? I think you have answered it..I don't think you should buy something(Especially from QVC) that you have found out to be not that good and you feel that QVC as a vendor is basically LYING..So, no matter what others might say...Go someplace else to buy your electronics and maybe anything else!

Frequent Contributor

sjmplus1-if you want reviews & price comparison just go to amazon. It's listed there for $329 with a 4 out of 5 star rating out of 992 reviews.

Honored Contributor

I bought the Bose Solo about a year ago when it was also a TSV. I am happy with it because I can keep the sound very low and still get good quality. I would not want ""surround sound"" because I keep my TV in my bedroom which backs up to my neighbor's bedroom (I live in an apartment) and I wouldn't want to disturb her.

I would give it an 8 out of 10.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor

I have this and love it. It was easy as pie to set up and the sound is fantastic. My only complaint it that the remote is small and black, and I used to lose it daily. Now I have it attached to my Comcast remote with a rubber band.

Super Contributor

We went ahead and bought it, knowing it was not the latest and greatest -- as reflected by the price. Because we're not audiophiles and simply need to improve the sound on our TV in the family room, it was a sound decision for us...pun intended. :-) But seriously, this is the best price out there for this model, it's a great brand we have first hand knowledge of, and QVC makes returning things easy, if we end up not liking it.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Super Contributor

I think this is a discontinued model. However I am going to order it as it is a pretty good price. The negative reviews seem to be from folks who are audiophiles. I just need something to increase the sound on my TV. At times, I have it on maximum and it still is too low. I did read one review where the guy mentioned the Comcast remote can be programmed to the Solo so that is a plus!

Trusted Contributor
We purchased the Bose Solo last year when it was the TSV. We are very happy with it. I agree with another poster that the remote is very small, but we learned to keep it in plain sight so it wouldn't get lost under the cushions.
Regular Contributor
On 10/12/2014 Smurfette said:

I think this is a discontinued model. However I am going to order it as it is a pretty good price. The negative reviews seem to be from folks who are audiophiles. I just need something to increase the sound on my TV. At times, I have it on maximum and it still is too low. I did read one review where the guy mentioned the Comcast remote can be programmed to the Solo so that is a plus!

I didn't know about this! Just googled the how-to and it works. I'm back to one remote. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor
On 10/12/2014 polady said:

sjmplus1-if you want reviews & price comparison just go to amazon. It's listed there for $329 with a 4 out of 5 star rating out of 992 reviews.

There are two other Solo models - the 10 and 15. The one QVC is selling is the original discontinued model. Make sure you are comparing the same models.