Super Contributor

Vincenza Straight From the "Fair"

What fair? The State Fair?? Usually I get suckered in and have to waste $6.95 to see how cheap something looks in person. Today I can see it on TV - I don't even need to have it in my hand.
Honored Contributor

Re: Vincenza Straight From the ""Fair""

Didn't they just recently have another ""straight from the Fair"" show? And why are most of the items on an extended delivery? Why is almost nothing available for immediate shipment?

Super Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Krimpette said:

Didn't they just recently have another "straight from the Fair" show? And why are most of the items on an extended delivery? Why is almost nothing available for immediate shipment?

Oh, yeah, you're right, I wondered that too. Weird.
Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Krimpette said:

Didn't they just recently have another "straight from the Fair" show? And why are most of the items on an extended delivery? Why is almost nothing available for immediate shipment?

The fair items are made to order.

My theory is that it's like their test market. Let's show these and if people order 800, make 800. If they order 10,000, make 20,000 in that color and 10,000 in another color because that's a good seller.

Occasional Contributor

they are all on extended delivery because they only make enough for the people who ordered since they don't want too much left over, doubt that anyone in Italy will buy it

Super Contributor

Every time I hear "fresh from the fair", I think of cotton candy. Apropos to Bronzo, all f l u f f and no substance.

Esteemed Contributor

I always think of the 4H fair, lots of cow manure......

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Nancy Drew said:

I always think of the 4H fair, lots of cow manure......

Thanks for the laugh!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

When I heard that phrase, Fresh from the Fair I expected to see "Fresh" home grown vegetables being presented. Actually I would rather see that!!

Regular Contributor

I saw two items on air that were touted "Fresh from the Fair" and one on them I already ordered a year ago and returned! The diamond like-look crystal bangle. Maybe they called it new but I assure you it isn't.

The Vincenza day was just as expected, full of bronze, and what I call filler items that you wear when your not in the mood to wear good jewelry.

When JM states that these items are " fresh from the fair" and the newest "trend" they are really what he found interesting and thought they would sell on the Q. Trust me negitive space rings aren't the hot new trend--it's a way to cast less metal and still charge top dollar.