Not applicable

Masterbuilt Generation 2 Smoker

Hello Smiley Happy

I've ordered one of the TSV Generation 2 smokers by Masterbuilt today and am wondering about storage and use in wintertime. We live in PA where the temperature is often below freezing. Does the smoker unit have to be brought inside and off a covered porch (porch is enclosed only on three sides) if the temperature is freezing or below? Also, can the smoker be used in freezing weather without problems? We are truly anxious to get our smoker and start using it and appreciate all responses to these questions. Thanks!

Kim S in PA

Occasional Contributor

Re: Masterbuilt Generation 2 Smoker

Welcome to the forums! I have another brand and it does not have a window on the front, but I do leave mine out all year (on our back covered patio) and use it all year. We have freezing temps but our winters are shorter and less severe than yours. I'm sure you'll get responses from those with this brand and similar winters but I don't think you'll have any problems leaving it out and by all means use it. We love ours!
Honored Contributor

We leave ours covered on the patio all year round when we are not using it. We do use it in the winter when we feel like it. I'm in Ok so I'm sure your winters are a lot colder then ours. Ours does not have a window either but does have the digital controls.

Super Contributor

It's Not recommended to leave out in PA winters. I read the faqs and cancelled my order. Also said not to use on a wood deck? That can't be right but ? I'm holding off for a traeger or something similar.