Respected Contributor

Not Buying A ChristmasTreeThis Summer

Seriously people, where I live it is still summer. I will think about buying a Christmas tree in December, the month we celebrate Christmas. Can you spell GREED?
Valued Contributor

Re: Not Buying A ChristmasTreeThis Summer

I agree. I just started my own thread about this.

Regular Contributor

Bought two artificial trees in the last 4 years, one from Q. Both trees either broke or the lights completely burned out within ONE Christmas season. I told myself that's it for fake trees. Huge waste of money.
Honored Contributor

If I was in the market for a tree, I'd be looking now or in July for the best prices and selections. I would be plugging it in and testing for a week to make sure it was going to work. I would avoid being stuck with whatever I could find/afford at the peak of the season.

I waited a few years ago, until the season to buy a much needed new tree. Our old one was about 12 years old, and not in good shape, and not pre lit. We went to buy it, spent and hour deciding, lugged it home, put it up and it didn't all light. It had to be packed up, taken back, and the old tree made presentable enough for company arriving. Lesson learned! I will order the next tree delivered, and do it very early.

Honored Contributor

Certainly, people can do as they wish. Waiting for December will certainly be more seasonal and just think, it'll probably also ensure you have fewer from which to choose, more shoppers with whom to deal, and will also permit you to pay more for it. It'll also add one more thing to the Christmas 'to do' list, just as things are getting their most busy.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

If I were in the market for a tree, I would buy it when it was a TSV. Doesn't mean I'd start decorating it.

Honored Contributor

I'm not buying a tree today, but if I needed one for the season I'd consider it. Summer is gone here, leaves are changing and falling. Had to put away the summer clothes and bring out the long sleeves and fleece jackets.
Honored Contributor

Not buying a tree; not watching the Q. CANNOT stand the Christmas shows, particularly in the summer.

Honored Contributor

If I was in the market for a new artificial tree, it would make perfect sense to buy one now. The prices are lower, products and choices more plentiful, and it could be almost paid for by Xmas, vs. later crowds, parking hassles, much less choice, and paying for it AT Xmas when you are paying for many other things. Also, as others have said, there is plenty of time now to test it out and make sure it's going to work as advertised vs. having to worry about exchanging and sending back, or whether you can even get a replacement, etc, in November or December. The cost of these trees can be a serious investment. Or you could wait until December 15th, buy a real tree for one Xmas, and pay 1/3 to 1/2 the price of an artificial tree you can use for years.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

I moved down south last year from the north so I wasn't feeling a regular christmas tree so I bought a 4' white one at WM and I love it!