Contributor
Sun Joe pole saw at Amazon.com was $79.98 with free shipping. 8" blade, 6.5 amp. Check it out.
Trusted Contributor

I keep thinking......Greg Norman

Super Contributor

I don't see the multi-angle feature on the amazon saw.

I have a much heftier tool like this tsv for farm use. If I just had a house, I'd get this tsv. One use would save you the price of hiring someone, and you could do basic upkeep and trimming until the time you actually do have to hire a professional. It doesn't take much storage space, and there are no gasoline fumes to worry about.

Think about this - you could be hand-trimming a shrub, or working into an overgrown clump of shrubs, for example, and hit a hornet or wasp nest you didn't know was there. If you were using this thing you'd at least have a few feet and maybe an extra second or two to run like the dickens should you upset that nest! - Bird

Super Contributor

I'm sure it does a good job if you can hold something that weighs 8 pounds out that far - you need to buy oil for it and keep it tight enough to keep the chain from slipping off. I'm just afraid as with most things, it looks easier than it is, for ME, anyway.

Contributor

I looked at Amazon since I am a Prime member. The goggles, 30 degree angle option, and extra year of warranty were worth the extra $25 (price + shipping) to me. It was helpful reading the good reviews though.

Frequent Contributor
On 9/17/2014 NYwoman said:

I keep thinking......Greg Norman

I was thinking the same thing.