Super Contributor

Would love to buy one of these for my mom, but the Q always shows ROCKER recliners which many older people can not use due to stability issues. How about a recliner with a remote that both reclines and lifts the chair at a reasonable price---and does not rock?

Respected Contributor

They have them at Lazy-Boy. It might be best if your mom tried them out anyway. The seats are sometimes pretty hard because of the mechanical parts in them.

Honored Contributor
On 9/14/2014 Desi said:

They have them at Lazy-Boy. It might be best if your mom tried them out anyway. The seats are sometimes pretty hard because of the mechanical parts in them.

And not very practical for people on the ""short"" side........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I have found that it is difficult to get out of a big chair that rocks and/or swivels. I made a mistake when I bought one a few years ago. My next chair will not rock or swivel.

Esteemed Contributor
I have two of them. Bought a almost new one off craigslist for under four hundred dollars. One I have a pad on because it is a little hard. The other is what is called a cat Napper and is smaller You can get different sizes in most lift recliners depending on your weight and how tall you are.