Contributor

Question about spf in the TSV...

I have tried her tinted moisturizer with spf 30, but after several days of using it my face dried out and became very tight. I realized it was the spf and looks like my maximum for my face is spf 20. I'd love to try her Protect and Perfect in her TSV, but am thinking because of the spf of 47 I won't be able to wear it. Any thoughts? Thank you!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question about spf in the TSV...

I'm curious too because a similar product from a previous TSV was, for me, a disaster. Thick, pasty, and too light. If I understand correctly the SPF product in today's TSV is a return to another product that was loved and is returning?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

Gardensla....did you get dried out or was it more the thickness and color? I'm thinking since the spf in the Protect & Perfect is so much higher than what I can wear...I'm guessing it won't work for me, unless there's different types of spf's?
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/26/2014 grandmatobe said: Gardensla....did you get dried out or was it more the thickness and color? I'm thinking since the spf in the Protect & Perfect is so much higher than what I can wear...I'm guessing it won't work for me, unless there's different types of spf's?

yes, there are different types of chemicals used as spf's, I suspect it wasn't the spf per se, but rather the product wasn't emollient enough for your skin's particular needs.

No, the product didn't negatively affect my skin; it was just a thick, goopy mess.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

Gardensla...that's interesting...I didn't know that. I wonder what type of chemical she uses in her tinted moisturizer...maybe that was my problem. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

On 8/26/2014 gardensla said:
On 8/26/2014 grandmatobe said: Gardensla....did you get dried out or was it more the thickness and color? I'm thinking since the spf in the Protect & Perfect is so much higher than what I can wear...I'm guessing it won't work for me, unless there's different types of spf's?

yes, there are different types of chemicals used as spf's, I suspect it wasn't the spf per se, but rather the product wasn't emollient enough for your skin's particular needs.

No, the product didn't negatively affect my skin; it was just a thick, goopy mess.

Her SPF is a physical SPF not a chemical one.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

Jaxs mom...so do you think her tinted moisturizer is a chemical spf? Thanks!
Respected Contributor

I've been using the TSV for a couple weeks now. I tried using the tinted spf moisturizer by itself and my face felt dry part way through the day. I discovered that by first putting on the Argon Milk after I wash my face and then the tinted spf my face stays moist throughout the day. I don't know if that would work for you or not.

Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion itsmagic! Maybe I just need more moisturizer!
Honored Contributor

On 8/26/2014 grandmatobe said: Jaxs mom...so do you think her tinted moisturizer is a chemical spf? Thanks!

No I don't. She has said she's against chemical SPF. I wish they had put the ingredient list up though. Maybe someone who already received it will post the ingredients. It's probably the zinc oxide and titanium oxide like her other SPF products.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval