Valued Contributor

My review of today's Earth Origins boots that just arrived-----Thumbs up!!

My merlot boots just arrived and I wanted to tell everyone how pleased I am with them. I was afraid the color might be too "bright" but it's not. It is a muted wine and the leather and suede match very nicely. The buckle is gunmetal with a western look. I tried them on with charcoal gray Chico's slim ponte jeans and my Linea aubergine turtleneck and it was a great look in my opinion. The aubergine and boot color are definitely in the same family---the leather is more muted. I wear a 6 1/2 wide (difficult feet---surgeries etc) and they are very comfortable and fit well. They may be just a teeny bit to the large size (without socks) but are perfect with a medium thickness sock. I would say the weight of the boot is average (not light or heavy) and it is definitely casual (which is obvious, I know). The quality seems top notch and they truly are cute and extremely comfortable. So, my review is all good-----true to size, cute style, great comfort, and GREAT value---ALL GOOD in my book. HTH

KK

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My review of today's Earth Origins boots that just arrived-----Thumbs up!!

Can you do me a favor and go over to my thread and answer my concern? I would think you are youthful and boots like the one's you received would look very nice on you. Look forward to your reply.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

Thanks. I was wondering if your feet are really wide ? Some boots and shoes I wear wide and some not ...

Valued Contributor

BirBro6, no my feet aren't really really wide. I have had surgeries with pins in my toes and have one toe raised, fused knuckles etc. I have just WEIRD feet that need a bit of extra room to accommodate the irregularities. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe a person with a normal foot will answer.

KK

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for such a detailed review Karlakaye! Good to hear you like them and the outfit sounds great Smiley Wink Enjoy!

KJPA
Honored Contributor

I received mine today and the grey looked brown on the leather bottom plus they were too large.

Super Contributor

I bought a pair of ankle boots from this line last winter . I love their wider toe box design . Very comfortable & allows for heavier winter socks if needed ......tho they're just perfect & not loose at all , if you wear only 1 pair of socks . I bought a wine/merlot colored boot also . It has a brushed dark nickel , metal detail on side . A contemporary , modern style .
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/21/2014 Karlakaye said:

BirBro6, no my feet aren't really really wide. I have had surgeries with pins in my toes and have one toe raised, fused knuckles etc. I have just WEIRD feet that need a bit of extra room to accommodate the irregularities. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe a person with a normal foot will answer.

KK

Thanks for addressing how these wide boots are- I ordered 9w, I also need the extra room in the toe box area. But I was concerned they might be too wide overall because of the design of the boot. I was considering editing my order today, think I'm good though!

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/21/2014 Karlakaye said:

My merlot boots just arrived and I wanted to tell everyone how pleased I am with them. I was afraid the color might be too "bright" but it's not. It is a muted wine and the leather and suede match very nicely. The buckle is gunmetal with a western look. I tried them on with charcoal gray Chico's slim ponte jeans and my Linea aubergine turtleneck and it was a great look in my opinion. The aubergine and boot color are definitely in the same family---the leather is more muted. I wear a 6 1/2 wide (difficult feet---surgeries etc) and they are very comfortable and fit well. They may be just a teeny bit to the large size (without socks) but are perfect with a medium thickness sock. I would say the weight of the boot is average (not light or heavy) and it is definitely casual (which is obvious, I know). The quality seems top notch and they truly are cute and extremely comfortable. So, my review is all good-----true to size, cute style, great comfort, and GREAT value---ALL GOOD in my book. HTH

KK

Are the boots weighty? Someone mentioned on another post that they weren't light (not sure where they got that from!).

Valued Contributor

Ibb38, to me for a boot that has a lug sole and a rugged casual look, it is fairly light---certainly light to medium--not heavy in my opinion. I know weight is subjective, but I just compared it to another all leather ankle boot with a smoother sole and bit taller shaft (that I just bought), and they are about the same weight.

HTH a little

KK