Contributor

Food Saver TSV - Is it a decent deal?

I've been wanting a Food Saver for quite some time now. This seems like an okay deal. I've done some online shopping around but have never run across this configuration before. Those of you who own this model or very similar do you consider it a decent deal after you add in S/H and then consider the easy pay?

Thank you in advance.

Super Contributor

Re: Food Saver TSV - Is it a decent deal?

I really wanted to purchase it through QVC, but the shipping is just too high. Just checked Amazon & the exact same unit is $86.97. It doesn't include as many bags, but no shipping. Sold!

Respected Contributor

No, I do not think it is a good deal. I'm careful now about TSV's (which are so fun, but not always a true bargain.) In this case, I think the FoodSaver for $69 with free shipping is a much better deal.

Even if it doesn't have the entire list of bells and whistles and comes in black only, basically all I want to do is to freeze meat and bread. Especially meat. So the basic unit is fine and it's more compact to store. And cheaper. Shipping is getting silly around here.

Esteemed Contributor

Recently I have been comparing the Q's TSV prices for electronics with other on-line vendors. Every time I have found that the Q is selling older models for higher prices. Also the other vendors may not charge shipping and handling. So it isn't worth purchasing from QVC.

Valued Contributor

I'm interested too. I like the built in cutting feature. My old one just died. I had it for about 10 years. I have about $50 worth of bags. Since I've had one I haven't been paying attention to these newer models. Can I get this model in the marketplace?
Honored Contributor

costco usually sells them but not sure how what they have compares to this TSV

Valued Contributor

On 8/20/2014 Campion said:

No, I do not think it is a good deal. I'm careful now about TSV's (which are so fun, but not always a true bargain.) In this case, I think the FoodSaver for $69 with free shipping is a much better deal.

Even if it doesn't have the entire list of bells and whistles and comes in black only, basically all I want to do is to freeze meat and bread. Especially meat. So the basic unit is fine and it's more compact to store. And cheaper. Shipping is getting silly around here.

That is sort of the style I had. Are there any advantages to these upright models?
Honored Contributor

If you go to FoodSaver.com, they offer free S&H on orders over $50 and easy pay.

Today's QVC TSV model is an older model. FoodSaver.com has this model (reconditioned) for $75 and on easy pay and free S&H.

There is a Costco model for $49 in their online only brochure that just came out.

I am looking at the $200 version to replace what I have. I want all the bells and whistles (but I don't need to seal big game). I have an old, old, old Vac900 and FoodSaver no longer makes the replacement gasket for these.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have a similar model that I bought from food saver's website a few years ago when they were having a big sale. The only features this one has that mine doesn't is the clamp down to hold the bag. Mine you slide the bag in and automatically starts sealing. Mine works great and I don't see any reason to upgrade. I actually think this TSV is a decent price for what you get.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Well I personally think it is a good deal. Is it the latest and greatest model? No, but neither is the $49 one from Costo. Foodsaver's are almost like electronic stuff, they change models constantly. My first one was a extremely basic one and it lasted for years. I'd take this one over that one any day. Easy pay and colors makes it more desirable to me. I sent the link to a couple people who've been looking at them.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*