Not applicable

Is there a way to tell when a bed will be a TSV?

I am in need of a bed and have seen a bed as a TSV in a long time. I haven't even see that many bed shows lately, unless I am missing them. I have seen the same amount or more of decor, makeup and jewelry
Trusted Contributor

Re: Is there a way to tell when a bed will be a TSV?

There is an InsideQ monthly magazine that some of us get that has the programming schedule for that month and will hi-light some of the upcoming TSV's. There is a Serta TSV listed on August 24th but it doesn't state if that is a mattress set but that would be the only possiblility of a bed TSV for this month.

You can sign up to receive TSV emails. QVC will send an email of upcoming TSV's. That is another way to get a few days notice of what is being offered so you can turn in to what interests you.

Honored Contributor

You can also pull up the program guide, they plan it out and show it for a full month out.

However, if you are able to get out and shop for beds in your town I'd more urge you to GO to mattress stores to look at and try them out on your own. This way you can see, feel, test right then & there. If you buy on tv, what a hassle to return it if you don't like it.

Set a budget for yourself - don't allow sales people talk you into something that's more money than you really intend to spend. From personal experience 2 yrs ago when my hubby & I went bed shopping, the minute you walk into the store the BEST & MOST expensive beds are right inside the door. They're the first ones you'll test out. We bought an adjustable tempurpedic with bells & whistles that we really didn't need - springs & mattress for a whopping $5700.00 or so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND they tell us we should be buying a new one every 8 yrs or so?????!!!!! I do not think so after spending that kind of MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Set a budget, you truly do not need bells & whistles in a bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

The best bed we've ever had is a 13" foam mattress that was from the Q. After years and years of painful experience, I finally learned that I need a firm foam mattress, a 3" gel foam mattress pad, and a CuddlEwe in order to sleep comfortably. The mattress pad s sold at Costco, the CuddlEwe is sold online. None of these components make a hotter sleeping surface- the CuddlEwe is cooler in the summer and comfortably warm in the winter. Your body is never near the wool fleece lining. The initial outlay for the cuddlEwe is about $350 for a King, and less for a smaller size. They last well if vaccumed, but cannot be washed. I discovered them when I was first diagnosed with Fibro, and find them to be impossible to live without. The whole set-up for my bed is less than $2000, maybe between $1500-$1600 in King, less in smaller sizes.
Honored Contributor

ITA with going and trying a bed in the store, how can you buy one without testing it first?

Many other options this is a major purchase, not a pair of shoes you can just send back easily