New Contributor

Does anyone know yet what the TSV will be for the Rose of Tralee Celebration on 9/2? Just looked at the 'preview' and there is nothing new in there. They also cut down the airings to 3 and all at times I can't watch. What happened to the 24 hour day specials? I miss the good shows.... I would appreciate if someone could fill me in with the TSV. Thank you!

Super Contributor

Hoping it's a sweater!

Respected Contributor

I also miss stye longer shows - the music, dancing and charming Irish brogues. Wish they could bring some of it back. Apparently enough have complained about the time involved that they have seen fit to cut back - or else there weren't enough sales.

New Contributor

Well, I guess you can't please everyone all the time? BUT....they brought back the 24 hour special for Gold, Electronics. If they can do that for a whole day (again) than why not compromise for some of their best specials? Gold has gotten so ridiculously expansive, who can really afford it? Besides that it is hollow/silicone/bronzo. I rather spent my hard earned money on some quality clothes like Aran/Boyne. QVC can't say they didn't sell enough on St. Patrick's Day or Rose of Tralee, most of what they had is sold out or wait-listed at the end of the night. There isn't much left I'm interested in, too many great brands discontinued.... :-(

Occasional Contributor
Is there a TSV for Rose of Tralee? It looks like it is Quacker Factory on that daySmiley Sad
Respected Contributor

I've always wondered why the Q always picks Irish celebration days and has shows about them? They don't pick other nationalities......it's always Irish.

Honored Contributor
On 8/14/2014 hulagirl said:

I've always wondered why the Q always picks Irish celebration days and has shows about them? They don't pick other nationalities......it's always Irish.

There used to be other shows dedicated to crafts and products from other countries, so the fact is, it's always what fills the company coffers and what doesn't.
Valued Contributor
On 8/10/2014 cairnlover said:

Hoping it's a sweater!

Hoping it's not! The TSV is almost always a sweater, and I live in SC and wool sweaters are a waste of money for me. It just does not get cold enough or cold long enough to justify wool sweaters. If it was a cotton sweater, that would be a different story, though.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor
On 8/11/2014 blueEyes said:

Well, I guess you can't please everyone all the time? BUT....they brought back the 24 hour special for Gold, Electronics. If they can do that for a whole day (again) than why not compromise for some of their best specials? Gold has gotten so ridiculously expansive, who can really afford it? Besides that it is hollow/silicone/bronzo. I rather spent my hard earned money on some quality clothes like Aran/Boyne. QVC can't say they didn't sell enough on St. Patrick's Day or Rose of Tralee, most of what they had is sold out or wait-listed at the end of the night. There isn't much left I'm interested in, too many great brands discontinued.... :-(

I would rather spend my $ on items made in Ireland (except wool sweaters) than items made in China, or on electronics, vacuums, mattresses, or the current quality of a lot of QVC's jewelry offerings.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor
On 8/14/2014 hulagirl said:

I feel the same. Although I have Irish heritage, I'm not remotely interested in watching or buying the junk they sell. How about an Italian Day or Japanese Day? Much more interesting merchandise.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment