New Contributor
Are orthaheel shoes hood for people with neuroma?
Honored Contributor
They MAY work and MAY not. I prefered Birkenstocks, but my foot is not the same as yours.
Frequent Contributor
I'm guessing they may not be the best thing because neuroma requires cushioning in the ball of foot and orthaheels are not very cushioned in that area and are designed more for arch support issues, like plantar fasciitis and fallen arches. I healed my neuroma by wearing Crocs for several months.
Valued Contributor

Neuromas are different from plantar fasciitis. What works for one may not work for another. Never go barefoot with a neuroma. You need metatarsal support.

Spenco has decent looking flip flops with metatarsal support.

Crocs are wonderful for neuromas.

Super Contributor

Hi, Radko. Every person is different but for ME, I find my Morton's Neuromas cause me no pain when I wear my Orthaheels. Because of that, I wear a pair every single day (I have 9 pairs of sandals and 2 pairs of their slippers).

I used to wear Birkenstocks, but found out I had the neuromas because of the toe grips were causing me pain. My foot doctor advised me to get rid of every shoe that caused me pain...which meant I had to stop wearing my Birkenstocks. It broke my heart, as I'd worn that brand for over 20 years because I loved the arch support. I just can't handle the toe grips any more.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Super Contributor

I also agree with Sassenach1 regarding Crocs. The original Crocs as well as ones that are more stylish looking I can wear pain free. I have a pair of Croc sling back flats and a pair of strappy leather wedge sandals, as well as the original Crocs. It's all about being pain free now when I buy shoes.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren