Occasional Contributor

Fitbit Flex TSV from June - defective and Q is charging me shipping to replace

I purchased the Fitbit Flex TSV in June and used it one month. The battery stopped charging and the wristband cracked. The battery is the larger issue since I got two extra wristbands with it. I went on the Fitbit Flex help forum and found out that this is a known issue that has affected lots of Fitbit users. If I had bought it from Fitbit they would replace it.

Not so with Q. I called customer service and the item is "no longer available" accoring to the CS rep. But it is available with a different item number. So I have to return it and then reorder - they cannot replace it. I will return it but I won't reorder it because I have to pay shipping. Q customer service is no longer good. This is a defective product.

I have been a customer for almost 30 years and this has damaged my relationship with Q. I will no longer order anything that I think might need to be returned - especially electronics, cookware or fitness equipment. Q probably changed the item number so they don't have to replace this product.

I did like the Fitbit for the month that it worked. I will purchase my next one from a store who has better replacement policies.

Respected Contributor

Re: Fitbit Flex TSV from June - defective and Q is charging me shipping to replace

Ask to Speak to a Supervisor. If you get the results you want.... great. Otherwise hang up. Call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. Return the fitbit with no shipping cost. Ask to get a reduced rate for the fitbit under a different item number. If that doesn't work, ask that a message be sent to corporate and that you want this resolved.

I little while later, if you are still annoyed at what happened, call CS and ask for a Supervisor. Explain the situation.

I never had to call more than 3 times to resolve a problem to my satisfaction. Ask what you want and as long as it is reasonable, it will be resolved.

One time, I had to wait for a response from corporate. I never got a response from Corporate. Instead I received an email from QVC that my item was being shipped. I looked at my orders and the item was there at the right priced.

The problem is that sometimes you have to spend too much time resolving issues with CS. If you are lucky, you get a CS rep that knows what they are doing when you call the first time.

Good Luck!

Respected Contributor

Re: Fitbit Flex TSV from June - defective and Q is charging me shipping to replace

BTW, I didn't get the fitbit TSV. It was the week before father's day. Someone on this forum wrote that Costco had the item on a Friday afternoon. I called a particular Costco and confirmed they had them on the floor. It was about $94 collars and there were 4 bands enclosed. 3 large and 1 small for the larger size and the opposite for the smaller size. I gave the fitbit to my husband for father's day. This was even a better deal than the QVC TSV.

My husband wears his everyday. Sunday, he was gardening and the fitbit fell off somewhere in the backyard. He was able to locate the area where it last recorded...I really don't understand what he did but whatever it was, it worked. In any event, my son found it sitting on top of a planter.

My mother has a fitbit but a different version. It has broken and she has had it replaced.

I think there are too many problems with the fitbit.

I know that after 30 days, Costco will take the fitbit back if the item breaks. I could return it 6 months later and that would be okay with Costco. Everyone knows this.

Obviously, electronic products break. With such a short return policy, it probably would be best to purchase the item elsewhere.... not QVC. QVC..... I hope you are listening but you probably don't care.

Honored Contributor

On 7/29/2014 upperwestside said:

I purchased the Fitbit Flex TSV in June and used it one month. The battery stopped charging and the wristband cracked. The battery is the larger issue since I got two extra wristbands with it. I went on the Fitbit Flex help forum and found out that this is a known issue that has affected lots of Fitbit users. If I had bought it from Fitbit they would replace it.

Not so with Q. I called customer service and the item is "no longer available" accoring to the CS rep. But it is available with a different item number. So I have to return it and then reorder - they cannot replace it. I will return it but I won't reorder it because I have to pay shipping. Q customer service is no longer good. This is a defective product.

I have been a customer for almost 30 years and this has damaged my relationship with Q. I will no longer order anything that I think might need to be returned - especially electronics, cookware or fitness equipment. Q probably changed the item number so they don't have to replace this product.

I did like the Fitbit for the month that it worked. I will purchase my next one from a store who has better replacement policies.

post this on the Q facebook page maybe someone will see it and pay attention, they should take it back

Valued Contributor

upperwestside:

Is the Q willing to return S&H from the first one plus pay for its' return shipping? if so then they've made you whole and I can understand them wanting you to pay shipping and handling on the second one. If they're not willing to return S&H from the first one then shame on them and I agree, I would NOT order the second one either.

I ordered mine from Amazon and using prime, got free S&H as well. Good luck with this.

Maria

Respected Contributor

I just mailed my fitbit back to QVC, bought it in Feb and its not holding a charge. They did say I would be charged the original shipping or something like that because it is past 30 days. Its defective and I wrote on the return do not charge me anything for this exchange. Lets see how that goes. I will call if I do see any other charges to my account for this item.

Occasional Contributor

Before you send it back, go to the FitBit website and email them your problem. They respond immediately. I had a problem and followed their problem resolution process.

They emailed me back the next day with some instructions to try to see if it resolved my problem, and it did not. I had a whole new FitBit within 2 days and I did not pay a thing. They sent me a complete new package along with two bands. This way you can still keep your QVC bands, and get another set tooSmiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Yes contact fitbit directly. I purchased mine at sport authority And it stopped working within a few months. Fitbit replaced it for free..I did have to send them a copy of the receipt, but they replaced it.
Esteemed Contributor

If you bought it from Amazon you would not be having this problem. They would do anything to help you short of coming personally to your door to get it.

Frequent Contributor

I bought mine from Target in December and it stopped working sometime btwn April - May. I was able to get it replaced from Fitbit directly since it was past the return time at Target and I did not have my receipt. Because I didn't have my receipt, they were able to see when I had set up the account and started using it and that it hadn't even been 6 months. Free shipping to me and they didn't want the defective one back and was told to recycle with other electronics. So basically no questions asked. Probably because they know it wasn't a one time incident and others have the problem. I LOVE mine though and was crushed when it stopped working. I went through 3 UP bands in less than a year. Finally gave up although they were sending me a new one each time.