New Contributor

Easy Pay: Is there a credit check, & do they hold the whole amount of the item?

I have a two part question about easy pay.

1.) Does easy pay require a credit check?

2.) If I use my credit card (not a debit card), will easy pay place a hold on my card for the entire amount of the purchase, even though they're only debiting it in installments?

For example, if I have a $300 limit on my credit card, and I buy an item on easy pay that costs $150 total, but I can pay it using easy pay in 5 installments for $30.00 each, will they place a hold for the entire $150 until the whole thing is paid off? Or do they just take the 1st payment, and then 30 days later, the next, etc? (Did that make sense?)

Someone in the forums mentioned something about being prepared for the “multiple holds” they put on your card when you use easy pay. I'm wondering if that means even though they actually debit only the 1st payment, will my credit limit be decreased on my credit card by the whole amount until it's all paid off? I'd like to get my daughter a kindle on the easy pay method, but I'd also like to make sure I still have some credit available on my card in case of an emergency. Thanks Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Easy Pay: Is there a credit check, & do they hold the whole amount of the item?

I have never had that happen to me or heard of that happening. They are supposed to charge your card monthly and I am quite certain that is what they do.

Super Contributor

Re: Easy Pay: Is there a credit check, & do they hold the whole amount of the item?

Customer Service could answer your questions.

Honored Contributor

They don't put a hold on your card. They divide the price up into the number of installments and and that's what you pay each month. However, they do add the s&h charge to the first month's payment.

Frequent Contributor

They do NOT do a credit check.

The future payments are NOT withheld from your banking account. In fact, if you don't have enough money in your account when a payment comes due, they will email you. I had to change debit cards twice due to security risks and I never even thought about my easy pay orders. It had no effect on future purchases.

Hope this helped!

New Contributor

Thank you everyone! I'm going to bite the bullet and get it for her Smiley Happy Got a little skittish b/c I'm new to QVC, and I read that, and another page from consumer affairs with lots of complaints, but the more i read them, the more I realized 99.9% of the people complaining always had an excuse as to why they had failed to make a payment and were just mad they got reported to a credit agency. I also wonder if the woman with the multiple holds had that happen b/c she used a debit card instead of a credit card. I know when I use my bank debit card, they sometimes put a $1 hold or something until they actually debit the whole amount, and then the hold drops off.

Thanks again, everyone- the girl has been wanting a Kindle forever, and I can definitely wing one in payments, so this will make her day Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

Kudos for doing your research! QVC is a great company to deal with!!!