Not applicable
Susan's clothes keep climbing higher and higher in price. Please keep them so the ordinary person can still afford them and look beautiful .
Super Contributor

I agree. I almost ordered her print capri because I like the look. I just don't care of capris. I prefer peddle pushers and I prefer printed pants that are in a Palazzo style. But I remembered a pair of printed "soft" pants I admired made by Nautica, on sale, that I passed up because of the price. But why buy Susan's pants when I can get the Nautica for the same price with free shipping. They are a long pant and I like the print better. Susan's clothing are ridiculously priced.

Honored Contributor

Yes, they do seem to be climbing in price. You can't blame her for any of it. She doesn't set the prices.

I used to make all of my clothes when I worked (many years ago). Every now and then I get the bug to make me some pants. It takes maybe 1/2 hour (and most of that is cutting them out) a pair of those pull on pants. I'm not exaggerating!

However, the cost of material has gone crazy! The material she is using for these pants probably costs around $8 or $9 a yard (maybe a little more). It would take probably a few yards (can't judge since it's been awhile). Then the thread and the elastic.

It's still cheaper to make them but you have the time too. What I have trouble with is the shipping.

QVC must be one of the few that ALWAYS ALWAYS charges for shipping.

I saw something (it was mentioned here too someone saw the same show) where someone also saw the same show where they said QVC makes the seller pay for the shipping (that's why it is always there).

QVC makes a lot of money from their sales. You betcha.

Places like Kohls offers sales and discounts, but QVC never does. That's what makes their clothes so expensive.

I see A254606 right now (a tank). So the tank is $26.84 and the shipping is free. But that tank is probably only worth maybe $19 so actually you do pay for the shipping. It's all about moving around the prices. They are all still expensive and the same.

It's the old adage: "But it under $20". It's being sold for $19.99 and we all buy, buy. They make a big deal when it's free shipping but they wisp it away (shipping) when it is there.

Honored Contributor

I gave my daughter $200 to just go buy herself something for Spring. She lives in Denver. She called me last night.

You wouldn't believe all she bought for that $200. She bought 2 pair of pants at Banana Republic, 1 pair of jeans at the Gap, 1 Coach wallet and so on (I won't bore you).

They were on sale (QVC never has a true sale). That's why everything is so expensive.

If they respected their customers they would be more interested in bringing us in. They are so large, it's almost like, "Buy it or not. Someone will always be behind you to buy it".

Super Contributor

I think the pants are very high for TSV.

Trusted Contributor

Prices are going up on everything, but I am especially not paying $35 to $40 for her polyester tops. Yeah, her prices have gone up.

Super Contributor
On 4/17/2014 Troop_Angel said:

Prices are going up on everything, but I am especially not paying $35 to $40 for her polyester tops. Yeah, her prices have gone up.

I agree. I can't believe the price for her tops. I can get better quality, style and pricing elsewhere. Now, if her prices were lower, I might by a few items. But it's just not worth it.

Honored Contributor

some of her newest tops are over $50 now...add the high shipping and tax and you are at $65 for some of them.....way too much!

Honored Contributor

Not in my budget.

Trusted Contributor
I think they are overpriced for the fabric and quality. You can find similar tops around for $20 or so.