Not applicable

4/12/14 HP TSV Internal Fans & Severely Outdated Graphics Cards

QVC,

I have purchased several HP computers in the past my two main concerns going forward are adequate fans for long usage even when properly ventilated and getting severely outdated graphics cards in an non-updateable system.

It is one thing to have the latest and greatest as the hosts are claiming to have in these systems. But it is another thing to try to buy additional software and be informed which you can back by researching online... that you have a extremely low quality graphics card. And it is shocking when your informed you have a minimal fan when you are asking why it is getting so hot.

Those are never covered, especially the fan! That is actually critical for the life of the unit.

The graphics is maybe mentioned but it means nothing to someone unless you know them. We put our trust into QVC to MAKE these companies behave and provide decent products without hidden inferior items.

So, my questions are above I look forward to what the responses are.

Thank you.

Reagan

Super Contributor

Re: 4/12/14 HP TSV Internal Fans & Severely Outdated Graphics Cards

The only thing I saw is that I am waiting until they bring out a PC with at least an A10 processor like they had at Christmas or better. I think it amazing that the price of CPUs and HD are almost always decreasing yet QVC is still having TSV of lesser PCs than they had 5 months ago.

Super Contributor

On 4/13/2014 4uthebest said:

The only thing I saw is that I am waiting until they bring out a PC with at least an A10 processor like they had at Christmas or better. I think it amazing that the price of CPUs and HD are almost always decreasing yet QVC is still having TSV of lesser PCs than they had 5 months ago.

We ordered the last TSV Dell it went from EDD April 14 to EDD April 21 to EDD May 5 then to backorder. Then qvc told me they had no idea when it will ship or if they could get anymore in so we cancelled.

My husband and I went to Best Buy to look and Office Depot and talked to the guy who repairs computers he was very helpful he said he would not buy a Dell for anything we asked about buying Intel or AMD 10 or AMD 8 he liked the AMD brand in computers he said unless your into gaming which we are not or have a lot of programs opened at once he said you can save money getting the AMD A8 he said it's just as fast as the A10 and we are for saving money so I just got the HP AMD A8.

I just do scrapbooking of my dogs so for my needs this is fine and the price was good I'm not into Microsoft word so we don't need that. We looked around and with the software it was a good deal and I wanted adobe Photoshop 12 and some others so I am happy.

Super Contributor

Valid questions, but this is not the place to ask questions. Call customer service.

Super Contributor

I have had HP computers for at least 15 years. Very happy with HP customer service.

Their 1 year warranty covers EVERYTHING. You can usually tell when a fan is going on a laptop- the unit gets hot!! All fans have been replaced for free, and they go over everything else while they have the computer in the shop. They send a box to you, free shipping both ways. The turn around time is about 5 days.I always purchase the extended HP warranty at the end of the first year.

I have never used the warranty that comes with QVC computers, I stick with the HP warranty.

HP is not perfect, but i find their products to be well made, reasonably priced with CS I can depend on.

Super Contributor

On 4/13/2014 autumnsunset said:

My husband ...AMD 10 or AMD 8 he liked the AMD brand in computers he said unless your into gaming which we are not or have a lot of programs opened at once he said you can save money getting the AMD A8 he said it's just as fast as the A10 and we are for saving money so I just got the HP..

.Indeed the A8 is a good CPU but it NOT as fast as an A10.. That being said, I for 30 years have been advising folk to get a computer for what you want it to do and it will always be able to do that. Computer technology will always increase and price decrease so I am glad you got what you needed...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

This TSV appears to be about 500.00 less than comparable computers online. The graphics card is good for many games - not all.

http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/AMD+Radeon+HD+7640G/games

I think it is a very good deal with MS Office. MY TSV from 4 years ago (dv7-3173nr) is still going strong. or I would get this. I play The Witcher games, and this laptop can handle this game 100%. It is a very heavy graphics game, and I am so tempted as my laptop plays it, but VERY Slowly.

I am so tempted..........

Super Contributor

On 4/13/2014 autumnsunset said:

My husband ...AMD 10 or AMD 8 he liked the AMD brand in computers he said unless your into gaming which we are not or have a lot of programs opened at once he said you can save money getting the AMD A8 he said it's just as fast as the A10 and we are for saving money so I just got the HP..

.Indeed the A8 is a good CPU but it NOT as fast as an A10.. That being said, I for 30 years have been advising folk to get a computer for what you want it to do and it will always be able to do that. Computer technology will always increase and price decrease so I am glad you got what you needed...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Thank you I hope you get your computer too soon. We are not into gaming or use Microsoft Office I just use it for scrapbooking so we decided to save some money and go with the AMD A8 so I am very happy.

The man at office depot in computer repairs asked us what we use the computer for my husband said scrapbooking our dogs and photos not into Microsoft word or anything like that he suggested the HP AMD A8 8gb with 1 tb so we bought one for our needs it's perfect.