Respected Contributor

Authentic Gourmet Croissants vs Costco Croissants.

I have never tried the Authentic Gourmet croissants but often buy the one's that are sold in the Costco Bakery. Can anyone who has tried both of them tell me if they notice a taste difference? I have always been pleased with the Costco ones and there is a big difference in the price. I don't want to pay more for a product that is the same quality as I can purchased locally for less.

Are these French Croissants as good as the raves that they are receiving from all the hosts?

Super Contributor

Re: Authentic Gourmet Croissants vs Costco Croissants.

On 4/9/2014 J Town Girl said:

Are these French Croissants as good as the raves that they are receiving from all the hosts?

Well, do you think the hosts are raving because they're good, or raving because they're trying to make sales? Wink

Super Contributor

I love those sold at Costco. I want to try the Q one, but not at that price -- I'll try it if someone at the office buys it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I haven't tried Costco's (are they frozen or ready made?) but these are very good. I don't find that .82 each (the 72 count) is that much at all. I can't go buy one at a coffee shop for that price. I like having them in the freezer for when I need a quick something before running errands. They're yummy.

Honored Contributor

I've had the Costco ones and don't think they're as good as ones you would get at a French pastry shop. However, I haven't watched a presentation on these, nor can I figure out from the on-line description, if you have to heat them or bake them completely. The bake time (25-30 minutes) suggests they need to be baked.

Respected Contributor

You are not heating/reheating - you are actually baking them. They arrive flat, and after you bake them they puff up nicely.

Super Contributor

On 4/9/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I haven't tried Costco's (are they frozen or ready made?) but these are very good. I don't find that .82 each (the 72 count) is that much at all. I can't go buy one at a coffee shop for that price. I like having them in the freezer for when I need a quick something before running errands. They're yummy.

Already made. Because Costco sold things in bulk, you either have to have a lot of people help you eat it or buy when you have a party or gathering. Smiley Surprised)

Respected Contributor

Thanks. I would think already made would make them taste more like bread than a croissant. I know the ones I've gotten at other grocery stores are just bread in the shape of a croissant. They aren't flakey or light at all.

Honored Contributor

Williams Sonoma makes really fabulous croissants too - different varieties, mini croissants, etc. They also come in dry ice.

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

You are not heating/reheating - you are actually baking them. They arrive flat, and after you bake them they puff up nicely.

Thank you!