Regular Contributor
I have had issues with so many name brand mattresses in the past few years. The pat year and a half, I had a new mattress replaced twice already after 3 months of sleeping on it. Does anyone gave a sleep number who can justify the price of getting one? Are they worth the money? Any complaints? Any great experiences? Thanks for any honest input!
Honored Contributor

I was looking for the same thing the OP is looking for. Where can we look here and find things good and bad about these beds?

Frequent Contributor
I had one, and really hated it. It was just too soft for me. I gave it to a family member, and they love it. The mattress I have now, is an extra firm with a memory foam topper. And it was less than $1000.
Respected Contributor

Don't waste your money on it. We have one which after a few years, ended up in the spare bedroom because we hated it. They're nothing but very expensive air mattresses.

Valued Contributor

We got our King size one in 2006 when it was a TSV. This type of bed is the only King sized we could get up the stairs to our bedroom the way our house is configured. That said, we really like it. We have had no problems. Ours has 2 wired remotes and two different layers of foam in it (zoned egg crate and memory) that you can choose which to put on top. The bed came in 5 boxes so be aware of that if you think you might want to return it. I took pics as we unpacked each box just in case. It was not overly difficult to assemble. The cat helped me. We miss it when we travel or stay in our second home. And if we have to replace at some point we will probably get another. My husband is a foot taller and 100 lbs heavier than me and it is nice to not bounce around. Now, if only the bed could make him stop snoring...

Frequent Contributor
I bought my sleep comfort king size adjustable bed with massage, three yrs ago, at the tune of $6000 And it is by far the worst investment I ever made. Sheets and comforters slide down off of it whenever the head of it is raised. Which, by the way, the raising and lowering of the bed is the best feature, yet, not worth paying $6000 for. I have split boxes not one solid one under the bed that do not stay together, but split, open at the tiniest amount of weight. The mattress slides along down over the foot of the bed, while lowered or raised. My partner and I have to hike it back up. Therefore, it makes it impossible to sit on the end of the bed to put shoes on or simply just sit upon. The pumps that regulate the air pressure stick out at the head of the bed, and there is not a set of sheets that has been made to accommodate these, thus, no way to tuck in sheets, firmly, and once again, when the bed is raised, the top of the sheet comes off and the mattress cover is exposed. I do not think a day goes by that I do not deeply regret this purchase.
Regular Contributor

Wow - Thanks for the input guys.

I would have thought there would be a huge number of replies to this thread, but it is apparent that a good majority of QVC either do not read this thread, or they don't own a sleep number bed.

So 5 replies and it appears that 2 out of the 5 are disappointed with the purchase.

Its a super expensive bed for sure and I am so hesitant about doing a purchase.

As stated in my original post, I have been through 3 major name brands mattresses over the past 5 years & none of them live up to what the promote. Ten year warranties are a Joke... they don't even last 3 months before starting to sag & that is with a firm mattress. I've had the reps come 3 times to determine the mattresses were defective & replaced them.

It's not so much the hassle of having it replaced as the pain in the lower back & not getting a great night sleep.

I guess I will pass on this expensive sales pitch

{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Frequent Contributor
I have had one for 14 years and absolutely love it. I think we paid $1,400 and have said many times I would never buy any other brand. I have major back issues and fibro and it has been a lifesaver for me and I spend a lot of time in it. Seems to really help alleviate pressure points. After sending two previous sets (other brands) to guest rooms in short order we finally found our holy grail.
Frequent Contributor
I am always shocked by the bad rap sleep number gets on these boards. Best bed ever!
Contributor

i got the while supplies last aspire model. really don't care for it at all. but, i'm coming from sleeping on a waterbed since the 80's - i thought surely there would be a number to compare, no way. the thing i hate about it is there is just no give (you know with a regular mattress you have springs, water moves) too it no matter what number. yes, you have 100 nights to decide, but i'd hate to pay the shipping to return it. i'd go to a store before blindly ordering.