Regular Contributor

SNAIL SECRETION IN SKINCARE??????

What is snail secretion doing in CC. cream. I cancelled my order.
Honored Contributor

Re: SNAIL SECRETION IN SKINCARE??????

Do you never wear silk items? Silk starts life as a worm secretion turned into a cocoon. The cocoon is boiled, with the pupae still inside being boiled alive, and the fibers are turned into the silk we wear. The meat you eat and the leather you wear come from animals killed for your benefit. Gelatin in your food and cosmetics comes from boiled skin, tendons, ligaments, and/or bones of cows or pigs.

But sure, snail secretions in your skincare is totally crossing a line.

Occasional Contributor

I cancelled too after reading the ingredients.

The thing is, when I buy a leather purse or eat Jello, I know where it came from and I'm not surprised about the ingredients or materials used.

I'm not necessarily expecting snail secretions in my makeup. I'm new to 'It' and was in fact surprised about this ingredient.

I guess I need to read more about the benefits and use in cosmetics. I'm even thinking it might be an allergen concern to some, I don't recall them mentioning it during the presentation.

Super Contributor

Puggirl, Google it. You can learn how it's collected and how it benefits the skin. The snails aren't killed for their slime, if that makes you feel any better.

That said, I do think about it every time I use my CC cream, which is one reason I don't use it much, but others swear by it.

Honored Contributor

I just wish people would quit bringing this up.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 3/27/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

Do you never wear silk items? Silk starts life as a worm secretion turned into a cocoon. The cocoon is boiled, with the pupae still inside being boiled alive, and the fibers are turned into the silk we wear. The meat you eat and the leather you wear come from animals killed for your benefit. Gelatin in your food and cosmetics comes from boiled skin, tendons, ligaments, and/or bones of cows or pigs.

But sure, snail secretions in your skincare are totally crossing a line.

Crossing a line and a wrinkle. LOL

Valued Contributor

Its been used in korean products for years and they are very high quality. You should do some research before being so closed minded. Its been proven to be excellent for the skin and the CC cream is an excellent product.

Super Contributor

ROTFLMRO! Well. We ladies have been putting all kinds of weird stuff on our skin for millennia now in pursuit of youth and beauty. The things we do! Men (straight men that is) in general would never consider this. We are either the dumbest gender or the smartest. I am never sure which, especially when I read something like this. That said, I do recall reading at some point that this is extremely good for the skin. If it was free, I might try it, as long as no snails or slugs are harmed. LOL! I am going to giggle about this all night now.
Occasional Contributor

You can put it on your face in CC cream, or eat the whole thing and call it "escargot". The French have been doing it for years and it's delicious.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Snail secretion is used in many good products....I was recently on vacation in Africa and all paper products are made from elephant dung.....didn't bother me in the least...placenta was in many beauty products in the past...used them too...products are safe and approved...we probably breathe in worse