Trusted Contributor

WEN-Mandarin Italian Fig-Is it anything like the original Fig scent??

I am not certain I would like it. I did try fig once and while it was moisturizing for my hair, I found it was not a scent I enjoyed. If anyone has this new one, could you please describe it and compare the two? Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN-Mandarin Italian Fig-Is it anything like the original Fig scent??

I don't know the regular fig scent bot the MIF smells earthy? I get a lot of cedar notes. A little strong for my liking but the formula is quite creamy. It left my hair soft but I think a little ""dry.""
Respected Contributor

The MIF reminds me more of BGT, but in the shower it smells powdery to me. It smells nothing like the core FIG, which I cannot abide. I smell the cedar in the SC and orange in the RTM.
Honored Contributor

Mine hasn't been delivered yet, but I'll say that I can't get buy without the regular Fig cleansing conditioner for the moisture it provides AND that I don't like that Fig scent. I combine it with Tea Tree or anything else and it's much easier to use. I don't use any other products (oil, remoist, etc) in Fig. I tried a Fig oil once and it was just way too strong for me.

Trusted Contributor

I got mine the other day and used it. The smell, well not a big fan, it may be one that grows on me after using.. I can tolerate it ( unlike the apple seasonal one) Buti do have to say, my hair loves this one.. It was so soft and hydrated when i rinsed. I have long wavy, on the dry side hair. I do not smell any mandarine. i was oping it would have an orange sent but it seems to be a more masculine scented CC.

Super Contributor

It smells nothing like the Fig which I do not care for. I wasn't sure about it at first but have to say after three times using it, I love it! It's hard to describe the scent honestly. I would say earthy as well. I sprayed the mist on my hair the other day and my husband said my hair smelled nice. He never says anything about my hair. I agree with NCshoppergal here. The performance is wonderful. I have medium length, thick, and coarse hair. It makes my hair come alive and is so soft and shiny. I'm thrilled I'm getting this on auto-delivery.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all of your feedback. It is great when people share their experience with products. Maybe I will try it.

Regular Contributor

Hamster shavings. Yep yep. That is what my hair smells like. I am keeping it because my hair looks amazing, but my auto delivery has been changed to BGT.

Trusted Contributor

That is tooo funny, now everytie i use it i will think of that! I agree kind of off smelling but it prob is the best on my hair of all the WEN.. why , why why {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Regular Contributor

On 4/1/2015 NCshoppergal said:

That is tooo funny, now everytie i use it i will think of that! I agree kind of off smelling but it prob is the best on my hair of all the WEN.. why , why why {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Love how my hair looks! LOVE! That smell is hamster shavings. Makes me think of a pet store.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}