Trusted Contributor

Jockey TSV Review….what a mistake

I ordered the 5 piece set the other day when it was the TSV. I normally wear a medium, but in these types of garments, I went with a large with the hope that it would NOT be too tight fitting as I can't stand feeling like I am in a casing. Well, what a big let down. The large might as well be a small. I couldn't breath after wearing the camisole. So back it goes and no more jockeys for me at QVC. I will continue to buy my Jockeys undies and camisoles at Khols and get better deals.

Next time, perhaps the host and vendor could be more informative to the buyers and viewers and tell us to go up two sizes as one would need to do. It's almost as if they don't want to tell the truth or give all the proper information to us.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jockey TSV Review….what a mistake

That TSV was sold as a set on QVC, but Jockey is selling the same shapewear as single items in department stores. QVC can't be blamed for the fit unless you want to say they could have been more informative about the sizing. Their sales pitch seemed to focus on trying to give customers the impression that these were not tight-fitting compression garments-- when in fact-- that is precisely what they are. You can stop by Kohl's to see that for yourself.

It's unfortunate they chose to use the tactic of making compression shapewear sound comparable to something Jockey already sells ... Slipshorts.

Occasional Contributor

I received my jockey the other day and loved all 5 pieces. Only problem was that I ordered size medium and it would not fit a 10 year old girl. I had to send back but not because I didn't like it. I also put the mailing sticker from another product on the package. I sure hope I get my credit.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad I passed on this item. I knew by the measurement's it would be too small.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Trix said:

That TSV was sold as a set on QVC, but Jockey is selling the same shapewear as single items in department stores. QVC can't be blamed for the fit unless you want to say they could have been more informative about the sizing. Their sales pitch seemed to focus on trying to give customers the impression that these were not tight-fitting compression garments-- when in fact-- that is precisely what they are. You can stop by Kohl's to see that for yourself.

It's unfortunate they chose to use the tactic of making compression shapewear sound comparable to something Jockey already sells ... Slipshorts.

My point is that they do not give adequate information and particularly sizing information. I can look at size charts all day ing but if an item is made small or is compression wear, just please give me the proper info so I can order the right size!!! I love Jockey's and wear their camisoles and undies only, but what I have bought from Kohl's is nothing like this set. I really am done with ordering clothes like this on TV.

Trusted Contributor

The line between ""skinny tees"" and shapeware seems to be getting blurred.

Contributor

I ordered two sets because I live in the slip shorts during bare leg season. I went up one size to the XXL. That rep was crazy to say that these items weren't compression items, but I think I can get good use out of all of them. I'm guessing there will be lots of returns.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad I passed on this one...(again) Does anyone know how the Jockey line compares to the Yummie line on HSN? It was a TSV this week and it looked like the same type of set. I don't want a compression garment but just a little smoothing.

Esteemed Contributor

I went up a size and they are comfortable, but didn,t hold much, d on,t have that much to hold in, just wanted a smoother. I,m from back in the day, the 50,s when we wore girdles with nylons ,talk about uncomfortable. You know , where you attach the top of the nylon to the straps on the girdle like you now see in sexy scenes? I hate typing on Kindle.