Occasional Contributor

Please help with scent descriptions for Wen TSV....

I am a regular user of Tea Tree and Fig. I've also used Mango Coconut and Sweet Almond Mint. I have shoulder length, highlighted blonde hair that is curly and thick. I can get dry scalp and my hair tends to need moisture and anti frizz benefits. I have smelled the Lavender and the Vanilla mint and both of those were too strong in the fragrance department, for me. Anything that is too floral or sweet can tend to give me a very bad headache. I'd really like to try this TSV, to get one of the new scents and also to try the 613. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much, in advance.
Super Contributor

Re: Please help with scent descriptions for Wen TSV....

Many will disagree with me, I thought the Bamboo Green Tea was awful. The scent was too strong and it lingered until I cleansed it out. It is the only Wen product I have returned. I did order the new Mandarin Fig with the hope that I like it, I am a fan of citrus.

Valued Contributor

I think the Bamboo scent is pretty neutral, and it is one of my favorites. I have found some of the winter seasonals to be quite strong, and some of them drying. My all time fave is the Bamboo. Have not tried the new rice formula, however, so cannot speak to how it conditions, just the scent. The 613 does have a stronger scent, but I find it quite pleasant. And it is very moisturizing.

Occasional Contributor

I'm with you, girl! Why don't they better describe what's in these scents so that we know which to buy?! Either we're told we will feel like we're in a spa or in Italy! Well, that doesn't help much! I was thinking of buying both and not doing auto delivery, but then I thought, what if I really don't like one and have to return it (and pay postage)? Frustrating! And where are the reviews?!

Esteemed Contributor

Bamboo green tea is like being under a waterfall in Hawaii(best description from a Wengal). When I experienced it for the first time it was intoxifying, it filled my whole bathroom with its wonderful green clean scent. mandarin Italian fig is also a green scent with cedar notes. Noth are wonderful scents.
Occasional Contributor

Wow, thank you all for the considerate replies. I know it's very difficult to describe a scent, but it really is important for something like this, in my opinion. I did have a very strong negative reaction to the scent of the winter scent vanilla mint. I do get headaches from some scents and it made me feel a little better hearing Chaz say that he gets headaches from scents, as well. Maybe this scent won't bother me...I still haven't decided..haha running out of time here! I'm leaning toward the Bamboo Green Tea. If anyone knows, are either of these very floral or scented with any sweet vanilla? Those are the two things that seem to bother me the most. Thanks again, to everyone for the input!