Valued Contributor

My Aran Craft TSV pre-order arrived today!

It's fantastic, and just in time. The 3/4 sleeves are perfect for me, coming close to my wrists. I'm only 4'11." And ordered the medium, since these sweaters run large. I estimated correctly; a large would've ben too big. The merino feels soft to the touch. As a knitter, I'm picky about wool. It's softer than my other two Kilronan 3/4 sleeve, empire waist sweaters.
Honored Contributor

Re: My Aran Craft TSV pre-order arrived today!

I'm so glad you're happy with it.... these sweaters are gorgeous and I have bought one a year for many years, going back even before Marino Wool. I ordered the Soft Gray today and am really looking forward to receiving it! I get a lot of use out of Wool out here in Wyoming.... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

It looks beautiful. I love the cape they showed too. Everything they showed today, was really nice.

Honored Contributor

Great for you!! I thought that about the sleeves! Enjoy!
Valued Contributor

I'm debating ordering a second sweater in a different style.
Contributor

I really liked the look of the sweater and would have bought one in an instant. But I don't understand a warm wool sweater with 3/4 sleeves. That would be great for those with short arms but not for the rest of us. Where I live it was super cold this winter and I wanted my sleeves to be LONG. I hope you enjoy your sweater. I'll wait for another one.
Frequent Contributor

Virginia Shopper I feel the same way about 3/4 sleeves on a winter sweater. I ordered one of the Irish sweaters several years ago that had 3/4 sleeves and never could find it a comfortable option. I wear my Irish sweaters to stay warm and I need long sleeves to keep my arms as warm as the rest of me! I found a couple of beautiful sweaters yesterday that I couldn't resist. I just hope I guessed right on the sizing though as they always seem to run a bit large!

Honored Contributor

They were very pretty sweaters. I'm glad QVC had a TSV that people liked. It's nice to know that at least once a year, we will get a product that has craftsman quality.

Respected Contributor

I waitlisted for the marine blue. I like the 3/4 sleeves, as all my other Irish sweaters are long-sleeved and appropriate for the dead of winter. This one would be perfect for late fall/early winter/early spring. I have plenty of other Irish sweaters to keep me warm during the bitter cold, but they're really too warm for late fall and milder winter days. This one will fill in the gaps nicely.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

I received mine today in gray and it is a beauty!