Honored Contributor

QVC used to stick up for its plus size customers and insist that vendors accommodate them. I feel left out. Plus size ladies, how do you feel?

Honored Contributor

I am a 1x and wear the xxl in their slip shorts.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor
I'm guessing it is because it doesn't really ""shape"" just smooth. So without spandex it isn't going to do much for those that are not so smooth to begin with would be my guess. As great as the price is I'm off to read reviews.
Regular Contributor

I hear you on the sizing but have to say that I have so tried many of these type of products over the years and have never found a single one I would ever wear again. I usually can not wait to get it off. I can wear XXL in some things, but have too many extra curves for this.

Being too curvy means these fabrics can not lay flat enough and not matter what they say, they will roll over or bunch up, be uncomfortable and not achieve the purpose.

Also, when you get into plus sizing the measurements of one woman to another at different points on your body will vary significantly. Even with the stretch how can a garment fit a DD woman the same as a B. And they do not even measure the abdomen which can also vary tremendously.

So I have no idea what the thinking was behind the decision but think they have done some of us a favor.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/16/2015 javamt said: I'm guessing it is because it doesn't really "shape" just smooth. So without spandex it isn't going to do much for those that are not so smooth to begin with would be my guess. As great as the price is I'm off to read reviews.

Smoothing isn't a size thing, therefore, I feel QVC should have insisted that Jockey provide them with plus sizes even if they don't regularly make these "smooth shaping" items in that size range. With the number of units QVC purchases from a vendor, Jockey would have probably complied with the request.

It sounds like these items are just an enhanced clothes liner (offering more smoothing under clothes than say a Skinny Tee and Jockey's own Slipshorts). Therefore, even single digit size gals-- who may have a little lump or bump-- aren't going to get Spanx compression.

Respected Contributor

I do not agree with QVC insisting vendors accommodate certain sizes. Should QVC insist a vegan grocer offer chicken? I would rather find a business that offers what I need than try to make a business something it is not. There are not many clothes for children and men on QVC but many, many other businesses that do sell clothing for men and children.

HerRoom online has a very nice selection for plus size ladies.

Contributor

I agree with the concern about sizing -- How can they base it only on the hip size, and not take the bust size into account? Not everyone is the same size on the top and bottom. I will also not be purchasing because of the color combinations offered -- I only wear nude colored undergarments to avoid any possibility of showing through my clothes. Why don't they offer a set of just nude, or maybe nude plus pink or ivory? I will not wear black, and even the navy is darker than I'm comfortable with.

Honored Contributor
I noticed today the TSV was suppose to be Breezies according to my Inside Q. I saw my Inside Q for April and the Jockey TSV was scheduled then. I wonder why they changed it?
Super Contributor

I've worn shape wear but just on special occasions when I want to look especially good. Otherwise I feel like I'm wearing an extra layer of clothes which is uncomfortable. However, when I wear it, my Iron Maiden really does the job Wink

Respected Contributor

I wasn't interested in the TSV, so I didn't pay much attention to it. It's definitely unlike the Q to have a TSV that excludes plus sizes. I hope it's not the beginning of trend. I have noticed that the new shoe brands don't offer wide widths.