Super Contributor

Dooney Patent TSV not a big seller?

I'm surprised that all the color choices are still available at this last showing of the day. I don't care for patent leather myself so I didn't get one.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Patent TSV not a big seller?

I don't care for the patent leather. The colors are pretty, and I believe the green is now sold out. The final presentation is this hour, and Sandra said the onyx and fuschia are limited. I hope those that ordered this enjoy it.
Super Contributor

Yes, I think the Dooney Patent Leather TSV is a DUD (because it looks like plastic/pvc). I have NO interest in owning a Plastic-looking Handbag, especially at that price ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

This is YET another miss-step by the Q, thinking that the viewers were going to make this a sellout, but it's not (and many will cancel)...and it is a perfect example of The Brass being out of touch and promoting their Weekend Programming ( Big Ticket Items, boring/repetitive shows, etc.) - They haven't comprehended that The Viewers are changing the Channel, and the Q's Hosts are acting frenetic on their shows, almost to the point of begging, while trying to reach their "sales figures" (to keep their salaries afloat in order to to pay for their creature comforts at their Beach Homes that they boast about on-air). {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Trusted Contributor

Last show and all are still available? Didn't they say at Midnight that the grey was the most popular, very limited and wouldn't last very long? You think the Q would get the hint. Enough of Dooneys and enough of horrible programming every weekend. I was watching a movie and tuned in and just heard Dan saying that ladder is the new TSV? Are they kidding? Click, bye bye Q!
Respected Contributor

I think the problem is we have all seen the cheap knockoffs on Amazon, etc.

Valued Contributor

On 3/14/2015 luvtoshopathome said: Last show and all are still available? Didn't they say at Midnight that the grey was the most popular, very limited and wouldn't last very long? You think the Q would get the hint. Enough of Dooneys and enough of horrible programming every weekend. I was watching a movie and tuned in and just heard Dan saying that ladder is the new TSV? Are they kidding? Click, bye bye Q!
I actually like that ladder and the price is low for what it does... but I'm not buying a ladder online! I bought a house 2 years ago and I really need a ladder...but oh well, borrowing from a neighbor works for now...
Valued Contributor

As far as the DB bag, I think it's harder to sell vs regular leather because a lot of people don't like patent. I personally don't understand the appeal of patent bags or shoes....
Honored Contributor

do any of the TSVs in any category sell out anymore?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

On 3/14/2015 sunshine45 said:

do any of the TSVs in any category sell out anymore?

I guess not, but from what I learned in my MBA classes, if a business sells out of a product, it means poor inventory planning and potential lost sales. So, perhaps they just adjusted their inventory level, therefore we don't see sell outs.
Super Contributor

If I'm going to spend that much money on a handbag, it's got to feel, smell and look like high-end leather. That's why I don't buy the saffiano or patent bags because they look smell and feel like plastic.