Valued Contributor

SG: PLEASE NO MORE NUMERICAL SIZING

i NOTICED THE TSV IS NUMERICAL SIZING. IS THAT REALLY NECESSARY FOR TOPS ESPECIALLY TUNIC TOPS? IN ADDITION, SG HAS A NEW ANKLE PANT COMING UP A263023 THAT IS ALSO NUMERICAL SIZING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT BUT I ASSUME IT CAME ABOUT BECAUSE SG SIZING IS SO OFF. GOING TO NUMERICAL SIZING MAKES IT EVEN WORSE. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO WOMEN WHO HAVE BEEN BUYING YOUR MERCHANDISE FOR YEARS, AND MAKE IT WORSE? PERHAPS GOING BACK TO THE FACTORIES IN CHINA AND VIETNAM AND HAVE THEM FOLLOWING THE SIZE CHARTS FOR S-L ETC, WOULD HELP US ALL OUT. I WON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING BY NUMERICAL SIZE, WHY THE QVC NEW SHIPPING IS NOT A POSITIVE. THEY ARE MAKING MONEY ON IT, BECAUSE THEIR SIZING IS OFF AND WE ARE PAYING MORE NOW THAN BEFORE.

Valued Contributor

Re: SG: PLEASE NO MORE NUMERICAL SIZING

On 3/5/2015 tropics21 said:

i NOTICED THE TSV IS NUMERICAL SIZING. IS THAT REALLY NECESSARY FOR TOPS ESPECIALLY TUNIC TOPS? IN ADDITION, SG HAS A NEW ANKLE PANT COMING UP A263023 THAT IS ALSO NUMERICAL SIZING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT BUT I ASSUME IT CAME ABOUT BECAUSE SG SIZING IS SO OFF. GOING TO NUMERICAL SIZING MAKES IT EVEN WORSE. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO WOMEN WHO HAVE BEEN BUYING YOUR MERCHANDISE FOR YEARS, AND MAKE IT WORSE? PERHAPS GOING BACK TO THE FACTORIES IN CHINA AND VIETNAM AND HAVE THEM FOLLOWING THE SIZE CHARTS FOR S-L ETC, WOULD HELP US ALL OUT. I WON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING BY NUMERICAL SIZE, WHY THE QVC NEW SHIPPING IS NOT A POSITIVE. THEY ARE MAKING MONEY ON IT, BECAUSE THEIR SIZING IS OFF AND WE ARE PAYING MORE NOW THAN BEFORE.

Tropics 21

just opened a new discussion on the Q TALK and asked why the sizes are now coming in numeral sizing?

Frequent Contributor

I AGREE I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I can't and won't even try to purchase if its numerical sizing...I have no idea what size to choose that way....

Contributor

Oh oh...... I ordered my regular size....
Super Contributor

Just compare your chest measurement to the garment measurement and add enough wearing ease.

Or ... measure something in your closet and compare to garment measurement.

It's not rocket science!

Respected Contributor

Numerical sizing doesn't work for me unless I can take it into a dressing room and try it on.

Susan's sizing seems erratic to me anyway, and I rarely buy anything from her except an occasional pair of pants. Her Large Petite is about as good a fit as I can get anywhere.

Respected Contributor

This isn't rocket science! How did you figure out xs-3x? Same thing. These tops are VERY forgiving.
Valued Contributor

On 3/5/2015 circles said:

I can't and won't even try to purchase if its numerical sizing...I have no idea what size to choose that way....

Maybe this is an experiment to evaluate the return rate in numerical vs generic sizing. Since I have a shoulder impingement, I need ease to get this sort of top over my head. Without stretch, I could never get an over-the-head top on or off without help. In woven fabrics, I need a button placket, even a short one makes a difference.

Respected Contributor

I like numerical sizing.