Contributor
Is this the newest iPad mini 3 ? Anyone know? I haven't heard any mention in the on air presentation. I think I saw IPad mini 3 at best buy for this same price, so I was wondering which one this is. Thanks
Super Contributor

No it is not. The newest version is available at Apple (or other stores) at a cheaper price.

Esteemed Contributor
If it's on QVC, and it's an electronic, you can bet you bottom dollar that it is old.
Super Contributor
It was the first iPad mini. The vendor, I think his name is Craig stated it was the first iPad mini. He also said there are only two iPad minis out there in the market which I found odd because the latest gen iPad mini is the third one.
Contributor
Thanks for the info. I checked further and found the iPad mini 3 at best buy for $349.00, which is a better deal and it is the latest one out. Thanks again
Respected Contributor

I heard somewhere that Apple will not let shopping channels sell their latest models, so you can't blame QVC, HSN, ShopHQ, etc. I'm sure they would prefer to if given the chance.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Regular Contributor

Now that the disagreement between Apple and Costco is over, Costco once again carries Apple products. Last time I looked the Apple products were one generation back, but unsure if this is still the same. Fingerprint recognition instead of a password to sign on was supposed to be the big selling point of the latest version of Apple tablets.

However, this feature has been discussed in the computer media and determined that this is not the best form of security to sign on as was originally thought. Supposedly someone near standing near to you can mirror your device and the fingerprint you use can be used by them to log on to your account on one of their devices. So the best recognition feature will probably be the iris of the eye recognition but I have not read when this will take place. Why pay the extra money for this single feature if it is the only updated feature on the Mini 3? Buy the Mini 2 and save some money and your security.